Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sending Standard Capacity Mags to Ban States

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Diamondback View Post
    Technically letting your spouse borrow your mags on the range would be "distribution." I know some guys here who've been buying mags and marking them as "in trust" for kids they haven't even conceived yet.
    Not in WA, she owns half that mag anyways.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk
    The price of liberty is, always has been, and always will be blood: The person who is not willing to die for his liberty has already lost it to the first scoundrel who is willing to risk dying to violate that person's liberty! Are you free?
    --- Andrew Ford

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    I know you’re seeking info but idk if I’d be posting this question on a forum. Maybe I’m paranoid or have lived in NY too long.
    "Enlighten the people generally, and tyranny and oppressions of body and mind will vanish like evil spirits at the dawn of day."

Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    My state banned the sale of any mag over 10rds long ago. But possession of any high cap mags is OK. Even drum mags. We can have them, but we have to drive to nearby states to buy them. Bringing them back to our state is OK.
    But no mag sellers on the web will sell over 10rd mags to my state, they have a list of states that don't allow that.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ViperTwoSix View Post
    Safest method would be a face to face gift of the magazines. Of course, this gift would agreeably have occurred prior to the ban effective date.

In reading the WA senate bill, if you sent high cap mags into WA you could be charged with distribution.

(37) "Distribute" means to give out, provide, make available, or deliver a firearm or large capacity magazine to any person in this state, with or without consideration, whether the distributor is in- state or out-of-state. "Distribute" includes, but is not limited to, filling orders placed in this state, online or otherwise. "Distribute" also includes causing a firearm or large capacity magazine to be delivered in this state.
    As powerful as those idiots in Olympia think they are, their authority ends at the State line.

FWIW, the only way LE can pursue a car into Idaho or Oregon is because they have “Fresh Pursuit” statutes giving Washington LE the authority to do so (& Washington has a statute giving them the same authority). (Canada is off limits though.)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12