Thread: DD lower receiver no forge mark?

Feedback Score

DD lower receiver no forge mark?

I’m noticing that DD rifles from about 2019 don’t have a forging mark on their lower receivers and also their raised fencing around the magazine release is a bit different from mil-spec. I know DD used to use Cerro, Anchor Harvey, etc, but why are there no forging marks on the lower receiver now? Did DD start using some proprietary forging now?

Also, it’s just the lower receiver without the forge mark, the upper receiver still has it.
    Last edited by ta0117; 06-26-22 at 08:18.

Feedback Score
    From my understanding DD now makes every component of the rifle in-house. Perhaps that’s why they no longer have forging marks.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pn3455 View Post
    From my understanding DD now makes every component of the rifle in-house. Perhaps that’s why they no longer have forging marks.
    Forgot to mention, only the lower doesn’t have a forge mark, the upper still does.

Feedback Score
    From my experience, most lowers don’t have the forge mark. My understanding is that The forge mark on the lower is removed during the final machining process.

Feedback Score
    The current DD lower's fencing around the mag release is unique and not seen on other ARs. Isn't that fencing directly on the raw forging? What forging would have this style of fencing?

Note that the 6920's fencing rear side is vertical.
    Last edited by ta0117; 06-27-22 at 09:28.