Page 460 of 460 FirstFirst ... 360410450458459460
Results 4,591 to 4,599 of 4599

Thread: Russian invasion of Ukraine discussion

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by legumeofterror View Post
    By their own published accounting they are not. Even when they include reactivated and repaired vehicles in their "production" counts.
    Bull crap.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tn1911 View Post
    Google, Bing, Yandex... they all return the same...
    Bull.

If you had a link that could back up the dumb shit claims you made you could easily post it. (or a screen shot)

You can't post a link to back up your garbage claims because you just got caught lying (again).

Same as your BS claims that the image of the destroyed Challenger were a different tank.

All you got is BS Ukraine lies to go on dude. So supporting evidence of jack or shit to back up anything you say.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DG23 View Post
    Bull crap.
    I know you wont watch it because your are an idiot, but here is a very thorough analysis that sites sources, states caveats, and supports that the Russian Federation is losing equipment and expensing ammunition much faster than they can replace it.

https://youtu.be/ctrtAwT2sgs?si=mGLSYvOyIxlLLsT-
    Last edited by legumeofterror; 10-04-23 at 07:10.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hotrodder636 View Post
    I find it very very hard to believe that Russia is producing more tanks than they are losing...especially considering they are losing what I would call "fairly old", which indicates they are not refreshing their lines.
    Quote Originally Posted by legumeofterror View Post
    By their own published accounting they are not. Even when they include reactivated and repaired vehicles in their "production" counts.
    The sense I’m getting from reading accounts of the war so far are that tanks are very hard to totally destroy, kind of like trying to screw up an iron ball. Patch the hole, replace the tracks and the other any electronics. Is that true?
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    The other side of the equation...

------

Oct 4

excerpts

Low European inventories: Bergmann and other analysts also highlighted that if US funding dwindles or gets delayed, European countries won't be able to pick up the slack. Inventories are already very low, as NATO officials warned Tuesday.

"European militaries already had empty warehouses from decades of under-investment. There isn’t much left to give. Europeans can and should get their industries humming but this again takes time," Bergmann noted.

Much more here: https://www.cnn.com/europe/live-news...-23/index.html

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    The sense I’m getting from reading accounts of the war so far are that tanks are very hard to totally destroy, kind of like trying to screw up an iron ball. Patch the hole, replace the tracks and the other any electronics. Is that true?
    That was true for a number of years. I spoke to a WWII maintenance guy who told me as the Senior guy he would evac the bodies or what was left of them as they would start welding patches to the outside. He would hand the bigger parts outside and put the rest in buckets and hand it out a hatch
    He explained it could be pretty gruesome but they would spray the inside down with water repair what was needed for fire conrol, Boresight it and just throw a new Crew in at the end of the process.
    He also said it wasn't unusual to have the same Tank dragged in to Maintenance twice in one day.
    My Mom's best friend in High School, her Dad was a Tanker in WWII and they lost him in France. I didn't know that until i joined the Armor Branch.

Today a round entering the Turret would likely take the vehicle out of comission. The "Line Replaceable Units" that control everything sit under the gun and go through the sub floor to the slip ring which transfers signals from the Turret and to the Hull. Any of those go out and your going to be in for a mess.
    Fixing an Abrams with a hole through the Turret has a lot more going on than a WWII tank from 80 years ago.
    Cables as thick as your wrist, full of wires as thin as a hair. Unmarked of course, because we dont want repairing this thing to be easy.
    Last edited by Averageman; 10-04-23 at 06:57.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tn1911 View Post
    Google, Bing, Yandex... they all return the same...
    Still waiting for you to back your shit up with some links to what you claim you saw...

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Stop the bitching, and quit acting like 7-year-olds before I just ban everyone throwing insults, and I mean everyone.

You children are in time out.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Read this and pay attention. It is from Chuck Petrie, one of our founders:

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...ls-quot-edict)

I will ponder reopening this thread in a few days. The general consensus of the mods and staff is that people in that thread are not helping, but hindering actual thoughtful discussion.

Think about that. If it applies to you, you are not going to be posting here for a good long time.

Page 460 of 460 FirstFirst ... 360410450458459460