Page 10 of 460 FirstFirst ... 891011122060110 ... LastLast

Thread: Russian invasion of Ukraine discussion

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by alx01 View Post
    Again, I'm not saying my guess-timates are accurate or those represent factual numbers on the ground. However, I think it's quite reasonable to think that Ukraine has a lot more active air-force than claimed. Very likely they claim lower numbers to confuse Russians to as their capability.
    And yet you’re drawing conclusions from those guesstimates to confirm your bias.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    And yet you’re drawing conclusions from those guesstimates to confirm your bias.
    I don't necessarily disagree with your statement that my assumptions/conclusions can be 100% wrong. I'm open to hear other ideas.

I'm just curious how ~900 Ukrainian operational combat planes disappeared from the record since 1992.

They had everything to support the existing fleet without cannibalizing working planes.

Iranians after the war with Iraq and sanctions for 40 years managed to keep over 50% of 50 year old planes for which they don't have any parts. Yet Ukrainians claim to have lost 900 planes (over 80% of their fleet) in 30 years while having access to parts, service, and manufacturing. This is without any conflicts or sanctions.

This equates to a loss of 2.5 planes per month every month over the last 30 years. This accounting seems very suspicious to me. I assume they also haven't bought a single new plane in 30 years. Does this seem plausible to you?
    Last edited by alx01; 07-02-22 at 14:53.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by utahjeepr View Post
    Maybe I'm reading that last bit wrong. It reads to me like not only are you are hoping this fully escalates into WW3 but that Pootieboi wins.

I really hope I'm misunderstanding you, I'm just starting my first cup of joe.
    Yes, yes you are. If you are reading it like that you might have some massive biases when Im just giving you the operational facts on the ground and what potentially could happen next. The whole point of understanding the reality on the ground it to predict what happens next to AVOID WWIII. If the AFU can't hold the east whats next? The south. If the south falls whats next? Transnestira. Ok how do you prevent another invasion? Station 60k troops in Romania? How do we counter Putin's next move? If you are jumping to the conclusion that Im some kind of Putinite when Im trying to sus out the next 5-6 moves ahead instead of drooling my at screen and clapping while saying "PuTiN iS LoSinG!!!" If people want to just regurgitate obvious propaganda again and again up until you see another Saigon/Kabul moment be my guest. If the strategic depth in thinking this low quality on GD then stay in your echo chamber. The truth will come out in the end.
    Last edited by vicious_cb; 07-02-22 at 15:14.
    Forward Ascertainment Group

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    It’s all so tiresome, dude. If I’m not blowing Zelensky somehow I’m an anti-American communist.

Maybe, just maybe, I’d prefer not to be vaporized by nuclear hellfire or dragged into another decades-spanning conflict over the world’s largest exporter of prostitutes.

Crazy, I know.

Now, if you’ll excuse me, I’ve got to get back to my Zoom call with the Kremlin for my next talking point.

Quote Originally Posted by vicious_cb View Post
    Yes, yes you are. If you are reading it like that you might have some massive biases when Im just giving you the operational facts on the ground and what potentially could happen next. The whole point of understanding the reality on the ground it to predict what happens next to AVOID WWIII. If the AFU can't hold the east whats next? The south. If the south falls whats next? Transnestira. Ok how do you prevent another invasion? Station 60k troops in Romania? How do we counter Putin's next move? If you are jumping to the conclusion that Im some kind of Putinite when Im trying to sus out the next 5-6 moves ahead instead of drooling my at screen and clapping while saying "PuTiN iS LoSinG!!!" If people want to just regurgitate obvious propaganda again and again up until you see another Saigon/Kabul moment be my guest. If the strategic depth in thinking this low quality on GD then stay in your echo chamber. The truth will come out in the end.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlander Systems View Post
    It’s all so tiresome, dude. If I’m not blowing Zelensky somehow I’m an anti-American communist.

Maybe, just maybe, I’d prefer not to be vaporized by nuclear hellfire or dragged into another decades-spanning conflict over the world’s largest exporter of prostitutes.

Crazy, I know.

Now, if you’ll excuse me, I’ve got to get back to my Zoom call with the Kremlin for my next talking point.
    Damn! The fact that this even has to be fvcking explained... SMDH.
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Feedback Score
    Easy, it was just that last bit about "... Soviet tanks rolling into Berlin". That's why I asked, nicely even.
    Go Ukraine! Piss on the Russian dead.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    I'm just curious how ~900 Ukrainian operational combat planes disappeared from the record since 1992.
    Hell, the Russians had 5000 aircraft in 1989 and 2500 in 1996 according to Rand. The Russians were down to 1500 at the start of the current goat rope---and that was after adding 440 or so new aircraft in the last 10 years. It's no mystery, this stuff is expensive to maintain and both of these countries are financial basket cases.

If you ever need to be reminded that: 1. Never give up your weapons, 2. The Russians are backstabbing scumbags, you can watch this interesting video....

Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dumb Gun Collector View Post
    Hell, the Russians had 5000 aircraft in 1989 and 2500 in 1996 according to Rand. The Russians were down to 1500 at the start of the current goat rope---and that was after adding 440 or so new aircraft in the last 10 years. It's no mystery, this stuff is expensive to maintain and both of these countries are financial basket cases.

You keep repeating that garbage and are still wrong about Russia being a financial basket case.

Do some damn homework dude!

What is their debt to GDP as compared to ours?

Are they 'printing their way to prosperity' like we are (and have been for a long time) now?

How bad does our inflation have to get before you figure out we are not doing so great and our current actions (throwing more printed money down a Ukraine toilet bowl of a country) are only making things worse for US?

Feedback Score
    Pentagon: Ukraine using rocket system to hit Russian command posts

https://thehill.com/policy/defense/3...command-posts/

Ukrainian forces are having “a good deal of success” using a U.S.-given advanced rocket system to target Russian command posts, a senior U.S. defense official said Friday.
    The Ukrainians have used the High Mobility Artillery Rocket Systems (HIMARS) advanced rocket system to target the Kremlin positions in its fight for the eastern region of the country known as the Donbas.

“Because it is such a precise, longer-range system, Ukrainians are able to carefully select targets that will undermine the effort by Russia in a more systematic way, certainly than they would be able to do with the shorter-range artillery systems,” the official told reporters.

“What you see is the Ukrainians are actually systematically selecting targets and then accurately hitting them, thus providing this, you know, precise method of degrading Russian capability,” the official said.
    “I see them being able to continue to use this throughout Donbas.”
    Religion is doing what you are told no matter what is right. Morality is doing what is right no matter what you are told...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DG23 View Post
    You keep repeating that garbage and are still wrong about Russia being a financial basket case.

Do some damn homework dude!

What is their debt to GDP as compared to ours?
    That’s what you’re going with?

Seriously the reason they owe so little debt is obvious. They’re poor and broke with no real economy. The country is so corrupt it scores on par with places like Angola, Laos and Mexico.... some quality company for sure.

It’s basically one big gas station ran by the mafia.
    Last edited by tn1911; 07-02-22 at 17:34.
    Religion is doing what you are told no matter what is right. Morality is doing what is right no matter what you are told...

Page 10 of 460 FirstFirst ... 891011122060110 ... LastLast