Page 95 of 460 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697105145195 ... LastLast

Thread: Russian invasion of Ukraine discussion

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dumb Gun Collector View Post
    I don’t understand why anyone would want to blow this thing up. The Russians will need it after Putin. I guess he might be sending signals but the Russians aren’t going to be shipping any gas to Russia next year anyway. It’s weird.
    They can and will simply rebuild it when needed. Far as I, no one taken responsibility? Maybe the Uke's did it, or we did it, or who the hell knows these days with so many moving parts as to who it may benefit and why. As other indicated, only matters who gets blamed for it to perpetuate what ever narrative "they" are after currently.

Personally, I don't put it passed anyone involved in this, or perhaps some players we have not even considered. Something does not smell right/add up. He covers that well:

Last edited by WillBrink; 09-27-22 at 15:12.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    Russia issues new nuclear warning as contested Ukraine referendum ends

https://www.reuters.com/world/ukrain...rce=reddit.com
    Religion is doing what you are told no matter what is right. Morality is doing what is right no matter what you are told...

Feedback Score
    Does Ukraine have a UDT???

Asking because it looks like someone just blew up the Nord Stream pipeline.

https://www.npr.org/2022/09/27/11254...l-gas-sabotage

Two undersea leaks that began in the Russian-owned Nord Stream gas pipelines on Monday were likely caused by powerful underwater explosions, according to Swedish and Danish seismographic data.
    U.S. Army vet. -- Retired 25 year LEO.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Russia, Russia, Russia...

https://www.eugyppius.com/p/apparent...es-nord-stream

https://boriquagato.substack.com/p/n...-consciousness

Realistic suspects would seem to include the US, Poland if they have the capability, and perhaps some sort of mercenary working for big-money energy traders.

US: easily has the capability. Would benefit from this. However, the sabotage is blatant and the US has largely been taking a more relaxed position, looking to maximize war profits without starting WW3.

Poland: hates Russia, hates Germany almost as much, this would harm both of them. Unsure if Poland has the capability. Unsure they would do it, as being found out could give them a repeat of 1939 and partition.

Mercenary: don't discount this, the profits being made from selling US LNG to Europe are absolutely colossal. I imagine that a lot of the western oil industry would be capable of doing this.

add UK: similar motivations to US and Poland, but has been more activist about the Ukraine and anti-Russia war. Permanent closure of the pipeline limits UK options, but doesn't harm them as much as it does Germany, and allows them to maximize profits from their rapidly declining North Sea gas fields.

But I'm sure gay-biker-pederast Putin is entirely and solely to blame, destroying his own equipment and assets so that he can cleverly also destroy his negotiating position. 10-D chess! Two More Weeks!
    Last edited by SomeOtherGuy; 09-27-22 at 15:54.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    I doubt the US did it. I WISH Biden had balls like that. Poland possibly. Probably ends up being crappy maintenance or incompetence on the Russian part (joking…maybe). I really don’t see the clear advantage anyone gets from this.

Feedback Score
    My vote is on pure raw Russian incompetents.

At this point it wouldn’t surprise me if some Russian sub commander got shitfaced drunk and accidentally ran the damn thing over...
    Last edited by tn1911; 09-27-22 at 16:06.
    Religion is doing what you are told no matter what is right. Morality is doing what is right no matter what you are told...

Feedback Score
    Seriously, nobody is wondering where Greta Thunberg is?
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dumb Gun Collector View Post
    I doubt the US did it. I WISH Biden had balls like that. Poland possibly. Probably ends up being crappy maintenance or incompetence on the Russian part (joking…maybe). I really don’t see the clear advantage anyone gets from this.
    Seriously, energy traders / speculators get all benefit, no downside from this. Maybe we've entered THAT level of dystopia.

Otherwise, I agree that the US doesn't seem quite this crazy, although the US certainly has the ability. Here's more reporting and speculation on whether the US did it:

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitic...fense-minister

The one thing I am fairly certain is that Russia did not do it, given that it is entirely loss for them, not gain.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    I am hoping we haven’t entered bad Netflix Tom Clancy world but you are right, you can lose money betting people will always act rationally. This is an interesting development.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Maybe we should look at who has the least to lose, if you believe, like many do, Russia already has plans to cut off gas supply to Western Europe to put pressure on NATO this winter then why the hell wouldn't they blow it up. Bonus then they get all the useful idiots coming out with bullshit about how maybe it was US, maybe NATO, maybe Poland, maybe big oil mercs.
    Last edited by mack7.62; 09-27-22 at 16:11.
    “The Trump Doctrine is ‘We’re America, Bitch.’ That’s the Trump Doctrine.”

"He is free to evade reality, he is free to unfocus his mind and stumble blindly down any road he pleases, but not free to avoid the abyss he refuses to see."

Page 95 of 460 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697105145195 ... LastLast