Page 96 of 460 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798106146196 ... LastLast

Thread: Russian invasion of Ukraine discussion

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mack7.62 View Post
    Maybe we should look at who has the least to lose.
    I blame the Vatican, or maybe those sketchy ****ers from Liechtenstein
    Religion is doing what you are told no matter what is right. Morality is doing what is right no matter what you are told...

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Soros did it. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
    What if this whole crusade's a charade?
    And behind it all there's a price to be paid
    For the blood which we dine
    Justified in the name of the holy and the divine…

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mack7.62 View Post
    Maybe we should look at who has the least to lose, if you believe, like many do, Russia already has plans to cut off gas supply to Western Europe to put pressure on NATO this winter then why the hell wouldn't they blow it up. Bonus then they get all the useful idiots coming out with bullshit about how maybe it was US, maybe NATO, maybe Poland, maybe big oil mercs.
    This seems very plausible to me. Agreed that in many ways Russia has the least to lose by blowing up their own pipeline. On the other hand, it would be fair to say that the gas being shut down was a foregone conclusion either way, so it wouldn't really make much difference to western interests ultimately. As they can force Russia to play their ace card by shutting down the pipeline for them, and taking it out of play.
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Feedback Score
    The threat of nuclear war hangs over the Russia-Ukraine crisis

https://www.kucb.org/2022-03-18/the-...ukraine-crisis

U.S. steps up intel, surveillance after Putin’s nuke threats. But Washington worries that the first signs of a possible attack may come too late.

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/0...lance-00059020
    Last edited by tn1911; 09-27-22 at 17:19.
    Religion is doing what you are told no matter what is right. Morality is doing what is right no matter what you are told...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SomeOtherGuy View Post
    Seriously, energy traders / speculators get all benefit, no downside from this. Maybe we've entered THAT level of dystopia.

Otherwise, I agree that the US doesn't seem quite this crazy, although the US certainly has the ability. Here's more reporting and speculation on whether the US did it:

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitic...fense-minister

The one thing I am fairly certain is that Russia did not do it, given that it is entirely loss for them, not gain.
    Well, if zero hedge says it’s true… Then it’s definitely not true.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    It certainly looks like the US hit the Russian pipeline.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gsd2053 View Post
    LOL!!!

Biden ain’t got the balls to order that op.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gsd2053 View Post
    got any proof of that? what makes you think the US did it?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by robbins290 View Post
    got any proof of that? what makes you think the US did it?

A former Polish Defense Minister, Radek Sikorski, has attributed to the United States the sabotage of two pipelines, Nord Stream 1 and 2, which carry natural gas from Russia to Germany. “Thank you, USA,” Sikorski wrote on Twitter. Sikorski was Minister of National Defense from 2005 - 2007 and served as Deputy Minister of National Defense and Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs, previously. He is currently an elected member of the European parliament.
    Last edited by gsd2053; 09-27-22 at 18:37.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    I sure hope that's true. But I still have my doubts. I just find it hard to believe Biden has it in him. Putin certainly didn't think so when he started this fiasco and that is one of the few things I agree with Putin on.
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Page 96 of 460 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798106146196 ... LastLast