Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Support for Third U.S. Political Party Up to 63%

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Support for Third U.S. Political Party Up to 63%

Not surprise really, but the two parties have the politics of fear locked in now like no other time, and keep those in either party so worried about the candidate they dislike from getting elected, the "anyone but X" vote, they will not risk voting for outside DemPubs in large enough numbers:

WASHINGTON, D.C. -- Sixty-three percent of U.S. adults currently agree with the statement that the Republican and Democratic parties do “such a poor job” of representing the American people that “a third major party is needed.” This represents a seven-percentage-point increase from a year ago and is the highest since Gallup first asked the question in 2003. However, the current measure is not meaningfully different from the prior highs of 61% in 2017 and 62% in 2021, shortly after the January 2021 Capitol Hill riots.

https://news.gallup.com/poll/512135/...cal-party.aspx
    Last edited by WillBrink; 10-05-23 at 13:02.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Unlikely to change voting habits. Those polling numbers don’t match the election results of their times.

Interesting thing is that both parties receive taxpayer funding for campaigns. The rule is that the party must get a certain percentage of the popular vote in a previous election to get that funding. I think 3%. Even in elections where people held their noses on both sides of the aisle, nobody’s gotten that lately. Its not like 60% of people voted third party in 2016 or 2020. Or even 3%.
    Last edited by 1168; 10-05-23 at 17:16.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    To the winner goes the spoils. The DNC and GOP have won for so long they have written all the election laws to benefit them and them only. Sure, there are plenty of other parties, and a lot of those people get elected to local and state office. Federal? Fuhgetaboutit. Millard Fillmore (Whig) was last president to not be a Republican or Democrat; the last non-R, non-D, or non-independent senator was with the Farmer-Labor Party (1940-43). No clue about house member.

Feedback Score
    Wonder how Fetterman voters answered the survey?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ChattanoogaPhil View Post
    I wonder WHO responded for the Fetterman voters, as I'd guess most are illiterate. Also, I see Cornel West is running as an independent for the Presidency :-)

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    https://www.lwv.org/newsroom/press-r...rpetrate-fraud

"The League of Women Voters is withdrawing its sponsorship of the presidential debate scheduled for mid-October because the demands of the two campaign organizations would perpetrate a fraud on the American voter,"

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jsbhike View Post
    https://www.lwv.org/newsroom/press-r...rpetrate-fraud

"The League of Women Voters is withdrawing its sponsorship of the presidential debate scheduled for mid-October because the demands of the two campaign organizations would perpetrate a fraud on the American voter,"
    1988 Bush-Duk*

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ChattanoogaPhil View Post
    Fubrarble nah goolup smar or something similar would be my guess.
    ~Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.
    Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    That's all fine and well but neither side will be willing to sacrifice an election cycle or three in order for a third party to become viable. While a noble idea it devolves into a waiting game to see which side loses the most in the interim.

For instance I personally am not willing to vote for some third party candidate, though I may like him/her, if by doing so it means a POS commie Democrat in the White House.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I agree with the sentiment, but it would only take a few years for the new party to be absorbed into the Uni-Party.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast