Page 115 of 460 FirstFirst ... 1565105113114115116117125165215 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,150 of 4599

Thread: Russian invasion of Ukraine discussion

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tn1911 View Post
    The Russian Military Seems To Be In Full Retreat In Ukraine

https://www.19fortyfive.com/2022/10/...at-in-ukraine/
    We keep hearing that, but every interview I have seen from guys there on the ground - some of which I posted here - says the Russians continue to take ground. What the big picture realities are of all that, I can't say of course, but the psy ops is in full swing here to be sure.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    We keep hearing that, but every interview I have seen from guys there on the ground - some of which I posted here - says the Russians continue to take ground. What the big picture realities are of all that, I can't say of course, but the psy ops is in full swing here to be sure.
    They ARE retreating, but I do NOT know if it's because the Ukes, et al., are handing them their asses, or if it's a 'strategic withdrawal' with an objective of consolidating for a massive counteroffensive. If it's the latter, they are sure leaving a metric crapload of vehicles behind in their movement.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckman View Post
    They ARE retreating, but I do NOT know if it's because the Ukes, et al., are handing them their asses, or if it's a 'strategic withdrawal' with an objective of consolidating for a massive counteroffensive. If it's the latter, they are sure leaving a metric crapload of vehicles behind in their movement.
    I'm awares, but have you watched any of those interviews posted? They all say same/similar, the Russians have no interest in a straight up fight, fall back fast when legit confronted, then just arty everything in the area until it's reduced to rubble, don't give a damn about who is there, civilians, etc. But, net effect is, they continue to take ground but for those focused incursion areas by the Ukes. Is that just a Russian tactic? Untrained un motivated troops feeling in the face of a legit fight? Bit of both?

I don't know, but I'm just not buying the Russians are wholesale getting their a$$ kicked but for some specific engagements and typical of the Russians, have little regard for their own people and no regard for civilians. As I said in the dedicated thread, they are one long war crime who have gotten slack about that due to being allies in WWII, and being a nuclear power. I do think we have to understand they just don't view the metrics we do on some matters of troop losses, and of course things like public opinion back home, etc. We'd be horrified by such losses (assuming they're accurate...), sensitive to public pressure, and they are following the same game plan they do since WWII, if not prior.

They just don't give a F and short of someone close to Putin deciding it's time for a change, or the population literally pulling a revolution to hang some mother f-ers, as they have in the past, the Russians will slog on until they lose so many people and gear they literally can't continue, which they have a ways to go there, or someone adds some "Russian flu" to the leadership of Putin.

The west simply does not have the stomach or the patience for such things, and they know it. My prediction is, we/the west put pressure on Uke's to settle for what the Russians want for new territories, or no more $ and weapons will be supplied, within the next 3-4 months tops as we lose steam and interest due to next shiny ball we see, and the public pressure mounts to get out as it's not as fun and cool as it was before to support it when there's no quick clean victory at hand. There's no lack of historic precedence that we can and do win ever major battle, yet lose the war.

I also think the Ukes are aware of that, and throwing everything they have at the Russians knowing all that, and want to take back as much as possible before we/the west lose interest, due to econ, public opinion and pressure, price of gas an widgets, and who ever ends up next POTUS, etc.

Remember, it's the Dems who are so hot to support the Ukes and get us into WWIII, GOP has been far less enthusiastic about that all around, and unless the GOP finds a way to really F it up, will take back the WH easily and that support will dry up possibly. Ukes are timing this to that reality no doubts knowing winter is going impact bigly.

I want to see the Ukes drive those mother F-ers out totally, including prior annexed lands, to the border, with their mil in ruins, and a "and don't come back or you will all die here" goodbye, but I will not hold my breath personally.

Your mileage may vary.
    Last edited by WillBrink; 10-06-22 at 11:12.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    Ukraine is no longer low on artillery ammo because Russia abandoned so much in recent retreats

https://www.businessinsider.com/ukra...rce=reddit.com
    Religion is doing what you are told no matter what is right. Morality is doing what is right no matter what you are told...

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Will you need to check the dates, even a month can make a big difference, on your videos and understand that they are little picture viewpoints. Wars are won by logistics Russia depends on rail for supply, a city is not as important as a village that is a rail hub and Ukraine has taken several of those. That along with knocking out key bridges is the winning strategy, plus there is nothing strategic about the Russian withdrawals, they are not allowed to retreat until it is too late to reestablish a new line, Russian leadership failures are epic.

But if you really want to know how the war is going look at what's going on in Russia, people are starting to speak out and there is infighting going on among elites. Chechnya's Kadyrov and Yevgeny Prigozhin ganging up on Defense Minster Shoigu. Plus Kadyrov sending his young sons to join the TicTok army in Ukraine, there are a lot of people pissed about there sons being mobilized and send to die while none of the elites sons are fighting.

ISW
    @TheStudyofWar
    October 5 Assessment Highlight:

#Putin will likely hold off on firing Defense Minister #Shoigu for as long as he feels he can to continue to blame Shoigu for ongoing military failures and build up support among other factions.

OSINTtechnical
    @Osinttechnical
    ·
    19h
    It definitely seems that there is a power struggle going hot within the Russian govt/elite right now, centered on Sergei Shoigu, the minister of defence, and Yevgeny Prigozhin, head of Wagner Group.
    Last edited by mack7.62; 10-06-22 at 12:14.
    “The Trump Doctrine is ‘We’re America, Bitch.’ That’s the Trump Doctrine.”

"He is free to evade reality, he is free to unfocus his mind and stumble blindly down any road he pleases, but not free to avoid the abyss he refuses to see."

Feedback Score
    It would be so poetic if Putin got overthrown by a merry band of little green men…
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mack7.62 View Post
    Will you need to check the dates, even a month can make a big difference, on your videos and understand that they are little picture viewpoints. Wars are won by logistics Russia depends on rail for supply, a city is not as important as a village that is a rail hub and Ukraine has taken several of those. That along with knocking out key bridges is the winning strategy, plus there is nothing strategic about the Russian withdrawals, they are not allowed to retreat until it is too late to reestablish a new line, Russian leadership failures are epic.

But if you really want to know how the war is going look at what's going on in Russia, people are starting to speak out and there is infighting going on among elites. Chechnya's Kadyrov and Yevgeny Prigozhin ganging up on Defense Minster Shoigu. Plus Kadyrov sending his young sons to join the TicTok army in Ukraine, there are a lot of people pissed about there sons being mobilized and send to die while none of the elites sons are fighting.

ISW
    @TheStudyofWar
    October 5 Assessment Highlight:

#Putin will likely hold off on firing Defense Minister #Shoigu for as long as he feels he can to continue to blame Shoigu for ongoing military failures and build up support among other factions.

OSINTtechnical
    @Osinttechnical
    ·
    19h
    It definitely seems that there is a power struggle going hot within the Russian govt/elite right now, centered on Sergei Shoigu, the minister of defence, and Yevgeny Prigozhin, head of Wagner Group.
    I'm awares, not disagreeing per se, but I also think you may have skimmed, and or, not appreciated the nuances of what I'm saying here. That's 7 days old, and a good vid to watch is short, tangential to what we are talking about starts at 6:20 in. His take is more optimistic, which is good to hear. Me, I'm simply trying to get intel from various data points, both from individuals on the ground, as well as diverse sources you and others posting:

- Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    NSFW Russian infantryman gets smoked hiding in outhouse.

https://twitter.com/Blue_Sauron/stat...93806833975296

BlueSauron��️
    @Blue_Sauron
    Intense footage of Ukrainian serviceman in close quarter combat with a Russian infantry. +18

"He is free to evade reality, he is free to unfocus his mind and stumble blindly down any road he pleases, but not free to avoid the abyss he refuses to see."

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Russians fleeing mobilization showing up in Alaska.

OSINTtechnical
    @Osinttechnical
    ·
    1h
    Two Russian men fleeing the draft navigated nearly 300 miles of rough fall Bering Sea waters, landing on St. Lawrence Island in Alaska.

“The men told villagers they had sailed their boat from the city of Egvekinot in Northeastern Russia”

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mack7.62 View Post
    NSFW Russian infantryman gets smoked hiding in outhouse.

https://twitter.com/Blue_Sauron/stat...93806833975296

BlueSauron��️
    @Blue_Sauron
    Intense footage of Ukrainian serviceman in close quarter combat with a Russian infantry. +18
    Come for the execution, stay for the Twitter comments and 50 different pulp fiction references.

Did this guy really get caught taking a dump, or was he hiding? I’m guessing that the Ukrainians aren’t taking many prisoners?
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Page 115 of 460 FirstFirst ... 1565105113114115116117125165215 ... LastLast