Page 98 of 460 FirstFirst ... 488896979899100108148198 ... LastLast

Thread: Russian invasion of Ukraine discussion

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    I am not really worried about Russian retaliation. They have pretty much shown themselves to be impotent short of going nuclear. I just can't figure out what the purpose of this was. Nordstream 2 was never certified and isn't ever going to be verified during Putin's lifetime. Nordstream 1 was throttled by the Russians in a (sort of ineffective) attempt to reduce the European gas reserves for winter).

I am really interested in seeing what happened here (if we ever know).
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gsd2053 View Post
    He made perfect sense. What are you referring to?
    He starts off after the global warming potential of the methane gas. Sometimes his 'trolling' just doesn't come off right. Don't lead with that. I did mention it, so I think it is funny, intro the trolling with a Greta Thunberg joke about global warming. I like Tucker, and I don't envy him having to come up with 45 minutes of material every night on short notice. I just think that sometimes he goes to force some domestic politics angle on stuff that doesn't need it. But that's his lens, and why most people watch. I prefer Ben Shapiro. He actually says things that I haven't already thought.

It's a pipeline. It isn't even that deep- maybe 100 meters or so there. Not going to free-dive to fix it, but unless they hit some kind of infrastructure, it shouldn't be that hard to fix. It's not like the thing is a total loss.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I really wish people would stop underestimating the Russians. Like they are some kind of cartoon like Colonel Spigot from Talespin. That’s simply silly.
    They have a completely different mindset and a totally different way of doing business.

The main advantage they enjoy that we don’t is that you can name them but you cannot shame them.

Literally every big major corporation and bank has withheld or removed themselves and they are still doing what they want to do.

We rely on so much that if we pulled another Dubya that we would be in a far worse shape.
    Some silly individual will take this as an endorsement of the Russians. It is not.
    My personal hope is that relevant people realize that we as a world can lose little or lose big.

I will say this, I see the potential for a Sum of All Fears scenario where if a nuke is used; it won’t be from the Russians initially.

People forget in 1991, one nation had hundreds of nukes. In 1992, 20 nations had like 10 nukes a piece.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    I really wish people would stop underestimating the Russians. Like they are some kind of cartoon like Colonel Spigot from Talespin. That’s simply silly.
    They have a completely different mindset and a totally different way of doing business.
    I agree. A lot of people are measuring things by our standards which are completely different from the Russian standards. I’m happy to see them not doing as well as I expected but I worry about the underestimating that’s already coming from that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    9 (91%)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dumb Gun Collector View Post
    I sure hope that's true. But I still have my doubts. I just find it hard to believe Biden has it in him. Putin certainly didn't think so when he started this fiasco and that is one of the few things I agree with Putin on.
    Why would you hope that’s true? It’s effectively an act of war and pulls the US into direct conflict with the Russians. Who have the largest stockpile of nukes in the world and wouldn’t be afraid to use them given the right provocation.

I find it curious the Baltic Line opened the same day, built to compete with Nord 1/2. I’d be curious who is invested in it. Hillary Clinton?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dumb Gun Collector View Post
    Soviet equipment may be hot garbage, but it is easier to fix for sure.
    Well…yeah…because they just replace it with more crap.

Bottom line, other than a few missiles, their tech and equipment is lack luster at best. They truly are a paper tiger. They my have the numbers, but you need gear to get those numbers there. The Russians are antiquated in their tech. They believe in numbers and mass quantity. They refuse to see the progress of peer/near peer nations. 1 example is; the Russian auto loading system for their tanks. They refuse to stop using it. That system is the death of the Russian tank.

There’s more, but I won’t go to far on my comments.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    I really wish people would stop underestimating the Russians.

We’re still awaiting that much talked about A Team of Russian super soldiers we were assured was being held back to finally show up!
    Religion is doing what you are told no matter what is right. Morality is doing what is right no matter what you are told...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tn1911 View Post
    We’re still awaiting that much talked about A Team of Russian super soldiers we were assured was being held back to finally show up!
    So what should we do if they hit our internet cables or take out a few key satellite of ours? Wrecking Havoc on our info structure.

Feedback Score
    So what should we do if they hit our internet cables or take out a few key satellite of ours? Wrecking Havoc on our info structure.
    Red dawn it is!

Feedback Score
    Russia waging ‘most sustained and intensive cyber campaign on record,’

https://therecord.media/russia-wagin...ncsc-ceo-says/

Russia’s physical invasion of Ukraine has been accompanied by “probably the most sustained and intensive cyber campaign on record” according to one of the United Kingdom’s most senior cybersecurity officials.

Lindy Cameron, the chief executive of the National Cyber Security Centre (NCSC), told the Chatham House security and defence conference on Wednesday that her agency had “not been surprised by the volume of Russian offensive cyber operations, nor have we been surprised by their targeting.”
    “But for me, in many ways the most important lesson to take from the invasion is not around the Russian attacks — which have been very significant and, in many cases, very sophisticated. It is around Russia’s lack of success,” she added.

“Try as they might, Russian cyber attacks simply have not had the intended impact.”

They simply can’t do it, face it they suck!
    Religion is doing what you are told no matter what is right. Morality is doing what is right no matter what you are told...

Page 98 of 460 FirstFirst ... 488896979899100108148198 ... LastLast