Page 217 of 460 FirstFirst ... 117167207215216217218219227267317 ... LastLast
Results 2,161 to 2,170 of 4599

Thread: Russian invasion of Ukraine discussion

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by utahjeepr View Post
    My understanding is that the US and German tanks are basically window dressing to seal the deal. Other nations will be shipping sooner. Some even rumored to have been loaded and ready to go last week, just waiting on a "shipping label" so to speak.

US law requires "export models only" for many types of arms sales, MBTs being one.

Personally I would expect any Abrams shipped over will likely be used in the rear almost like defensive fortifications. The Ukes don't have the logistical foundation to field them effectively as combined arms at this time. Just my opinion.
    But they do have the best spy sats and other tech $ can buy telling them exactly where the Russians are in real time. That's one hell of an advantage. L
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    But they do have the best spy sats and other tech $ can buy telling them exactly where the Russians are in real time. That's one hell of an advantage. L
    True, but intel is a little more portable than an entire log chain.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Some talk on differences between US and Russian tank doctrine and what happened with their "terminator" tank that was terminated by the Ukrainians:

- Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    How Germany screwed themselves via a law passed on those Leopards, which gen tank may get sent, etc:

- Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mack7.62 View Post
    And your point is? Question DG would you rather go to war in a Abrams/Leopard 2 or T-62/72/80/90. Next question which tanks will have better crew survival rates, longer and better hit probability? I think we all know the answer to these questions, but keep shilling for Russia.
    I was about to ask what Russian tanks in broad use in Ukraine have depleted uranium armor? I think even the t80 only got DU projectiles fairly recently.

That would be very surprised if the NATO provided tanks are not coming with DU projectiles

Feedback Score
    Ukraine’s Draft Dodgers Face Guilt, Shame and Reproach

and jail..

From the NYTimes - https://www.nytimes.com/2022/04/10/w...t-dodgers.html

Thousands of Ukrainian men of military age have left the country to avoid participating in the war, according to records from regional law enforcement officials and interviews with people inside and outside Ukraine. Smuggling rings in Moldova, and possibly other European countries, have been doing a brisk business. Some people have paid up to $15,000 for a secret night-time ride out of Ukraine, Moldovan officials said.
    A big chunk of the rest of that story shames the heck out of those guys for not wanting to fight.

Only a tiny bit touched on the thoughts of those guys -

Volodymyr Danuliv is one of them. He refuses to fight in the war, though it’s not the prospect of dying that worries him, he said. It is the killing. "I can’t shoot Russian people,” said Mr. Danuliv, 50. He explained that his siblings had married Russians and that two of his nephews were serving in the Russian Army — in Ukraine.
    “How can I fight in this war?” he asked. “I might kill my own family.”
    Not in any way suggesting that the NYSlimes is worth trusting in any way. Not as bad as CNN but they are still pretty bad as far as their bias (and honesty) is concerned...

USkriane is not messing around in their searching for any males age 18 to 60 walking around...

The politician shared a link to a ruling issued by a court in Ukraine’s northeastern region of Sumy, which sentenced an unidentified person to three years behind bars for failing to respond to the ongoing military call-up amid the conflict with Russia. The MP said the case was particularly concerning given the court’s approach to the proceedings and the defendant’s testimony about his medical examination.

The defendant, who pleaded not guilty, claimed that the examination by the military was a mere formality, and that the doctors had pronounced him healthy without actually examining him. The would-be recruit, however, insisted he was not fit for service, citing acute periarthritis in his knee.

Am not cool with 'conscription' regardless of who does it.

Feedback Score
    Peter Zeihan on the war...

You won't outvote the corruption.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Those pesky Chechen's.

Visegrád 24
    @visegrad24
    ·
    18h
    Major scandal in Russia.

The TV presenter Olga Zenkova from NTV was sent to occupied Melitopol to record a propaganda piece.

While visiting a restaurant, Kadyrov’s nephew Hasan Ibrahimov and men from his unit walked up to her, beat up her camera man and then raped her.
    “The Trump Doctrine is ‘We’re America, Bitch.’ That’s the Trump Doctrine.”

"He is free to evade reality, he is free to unfocus his mind and stumble blindly down any road he pleases, but not free to avoid the abyss he refuses to see."

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Using elite troops as cannon fodder does not seem like a winning strategy.

Dmitri
    @wartranslated
    ·
    3h
    The creator of Rybar channel who now has a live TV program admits that Russian VDV forces lost 50% of personnel by September last year.
    Last edited by mack7.62; 01-31-23 at 10:37.
    “The Trump Doctrine is ‘We’re America, Bitch.’ That’s the Trump Doctrine.”

"He is free to evade reality, he is free to unfocus his mind and stumble blindly down any road he pleases, but not free to avoid the abyss he refuses to see."

I'm from everywhere man because I'm an everywhere man....
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mack7.62 View Post
    Those pesky Chechen's.

Visegrád 24
    @visegrad24
    ·
    18h
    Major scandal in Russia.

The TV presenter Olga Zenkova from NTV was sent to occupied Melitopol to record a propaganda piece.

While visiting a restaurant, Kadyrov’s nephew Hasan Ibrahimov and men from his unit walked up to her, beat up her camera man and then raped her.
    If I'm not mistaken, didn't a bunch of Chechen troops kill a bunch of Russian troops in Ukraine not too long ago. I wonder how those relationships are going with all their past history.
    Repression Is Nine Tenths The Law

Page 217 of 460 FirstFirst ... 117167207215216217218219227267317 ... LastLast