Page 103 of 460 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105113153203 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 4599

Thread: Russian invasion of Ukraine discussion

Feedback Score
    Pooten sure did a good job of portraying himself as old-school USSR. With a tough military to back him up.

It is seeming like he has been an out of touch washed up old KGB rich guy. With an equally new age population.

At this point reality has got to be soaking in. It doesn't appear he is winning any hearts and minds. It seems more countries are speaking out against Russia. Like there is blood in the water.

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    Inb4 "It's all western propaganda!" responses
    While I accept anyone can lie and propagandize, I am more likely to trust the word of a multi-tour, round-the-world combat veteran telling me about the reality of combat, command chains, supply issues, possible war crimes, and so forth, sans politics, than any talking bobblehead on TV.

Bit of a depressing vid really, but important for people to hear. Ukraine is maybe slightly less corrupt than Russia, but that's a side effect of post commie countries in general.
    Yes, and that's one of the things I think is very much going unnoticed/deliberately covered up, is how crap the Ukranian mil is/has been, especially in the opening phases of this conflict.
    It seems to reinforce my growing suspicion that Russia didn't actually make an intel mistake choosing to invade UKR, they genuinely thought it would an easy, or at least parity, level fight. The only reason it has not happened that way is the massive level of "totally not Nato" intervention.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dumb Gun Collector View Post
    I think we can see now why Putin was so shy about mobilizing the reserves. I do love these reporters being surprised that reservists are having to buy their kit at an army supply store. Don't tell them about Ranger Joes or Commandos LOL outside every US military base.. That being said, I suspect they aren't too far off the mark, the Russian military seems to look like nothing so much as a monkey F'ing a football...........
    Heh, yeah, people forget a lot of US troops had to buy their own gear and ammunition mags on the civ market as recent as the Iraq invasion....
    That being said, I am not surprised at the reluctance of what seems to be a large portion of the Russian populace, to get involved in this. I mean, it's not WW2 anymore; Moscow is not a week from falling, it's just a land grab BY Russia...of an area in the world that I'm betting, despite the large Russian populace in places like Donbass[?], most people in Russia actual don't care about starting a fullscale war over.

Quote Originally Posted by tn1911 View Post
    Yep!

NATO meeting at 7 PM to consider Ukraine’s "accelerated" application to formally join NATO.
    Sooo....if this goes through then, isn't it WW3 at that point? Unless Russia ditches immediately (not if they're pulling 300k reserves, apparently), isn't this going tripwire that "attack on one is attack on all" Nato clause?
    Seems like poor timing for this decision to go down...
    "Once we get some iron in our souls, we'll get some iron in our hands..."

"...A rapid, aggressive response will let you get away with some pretty audacious things if you are willing to be mean, fast, and naked."-Failure2Stop

"The Right can meme; the Left can organize. I guess now we know which one is important." - Random internet comment

Feedback Score
    I can’t see them joining NATO while in a shooting war. If there is a truce, I still don’t see it - and the chances of a truce seem to be dwindling. I think it is a placeholder position to try to keep Putin from using a nuke. Use a nuke and we’ll admit Ukraine
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    Is this how nuclear war starts?

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/r...ear-war-starts

No one knows if Putin is desperate enough to resort to nuclear weapons, especially if he sees no way to prevail in a war he is losing but believes he must win.

The Pentagon has been war-gaming various nuclear options Putin might try, from a “demonstration” airburst blast over the Black Sea to a tactical strike on a military base or even an attack on a population center.

Each would provoke a different recommended option for Biden, but all would almost certainly mean Putin would face a devastating response by America’s far superior military forces.
    “So, you've got to base your strategy on the assumption that he still has a sense of self-preservation, that he's not so crazy that he's willing to commit suicide," Cirincione says. "And if that's wrong, if he's crazier than we all think, well then, we're f***ed.”
    Religion is doing what you are told no matter what is right. Morality is doing what is right no matter what you are told...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jellybean View Post
    Sooo....if this goes through then, isn't it WW3 at that point? Unless Russia ditches immediately (not if they're pulling 300k reserves, apparently), isn't this going tripwire that "attack on one is attack on all" Nato clause?
    Seems like poor timing for this decision to go down...
    Might be time to buy some pretty good sunglasses and sun screen!
    Religion is doing what you are told no matter what is right. Morality is doing what is right no matter what you are told...

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    I haven’t actually read NATO’s governing documents but from what I know, a country at war can not join NATO, for obvious reasons. UKR can apply all they want, that doesn’t make it worth anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    Intel has detected an “irregular presence” of Russian TU-160 & TU-95 strategic bombers deployed to Olenya Airbase. The base, on the Kola Peninsula, houses a significant number of tactical & strategic nuclear weapons.

I’m on my phone and twitter isn’t cooperating link wise.

Feedback Score
    Ukraine is maybe slightly less corrupt than Russia, but that's a side effect of post commie countries in general.
    I disagree . Ukraine is more corrupt than Russia. The place American members of government get American tax payer money laundered and kicked back is not Russia.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Artos View Post
    Being reported zelesnki will not sit down at the table as long as putin is pres & ukraine is applying for full NATO membership today.
    The little turd needs to get a bullet in the head, so then peace can be reached before we hit the point of no return. I really want to see zelenski get wacked

Feedback Score
    I am waiting to hear Russia announce that they have liberated key parts of Ukraine and declare themselves successful in their planed operations. With the remainder of conflicts consisting mostly of holding what the have and pushing back Ukrainian's attempts to recover lost land.

Page 103 of 460 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105113153203 ... LastLast