Page 108 of 460 FirstFirst ... 85898106107108109110118158208 ... LastLast
Results 1,071 to 1,080 of 4599

Thread: Russian invasion of Ukraine discussion

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post

(1) Q, what could and should the US do to improve on that without creating a vacuum filled by China or Russia that would benefit the world and US? I'm open to discussion/learning there.
    Do what America great in the 20th century, the forgotten tactic of the Romans, and covered in the movie “Space Balls!”

FRANCHISING!!!

Seriously. Not kidding. We all think of the Romans as military door-kickers conquering the world, and that was part of it, the start of it. But after defeating areas militarily, they integrated them into their economic system but allowed them a certain level of autonomy as long as you kicked back a certain kick-up back to Rome. After WWII, we kind of did the same thing, but moved past the direct pay-off method for the realization that the network effects of an increasing market were more beneficial financially.

We need more of that with-us/against us kind of thing. China was the chimera of collectivist economy that we allowed to participate in the market economy. We should pivot towards the SE Asia and Africa as out sources of partners.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dumb Gun Collector View Post
    Nice to see someone who is on his own side around here. I WISH America was a hard-core and ruthless as these guys think. The world would be a lot better off.
    A buddy that I have that I grew up with but now lives over in Europe noted some thing over there. While our lefties are extremely global in the international in focus, the leftist parties in the European countries are not as global and are far more nationalistic in character. So a commie in Italy is very pro Italian. A commie here is very anti-American. It also leads to interesting discussions of what “fascism“ is. The European model of fascism is far different than our understanding, even though we reference the European fascism models.

Fascism and democracy have to be the two most weaponized words of the past 10 years in politics.

Just like a Supreme Court justice, my buddy has drifted leftward during his time over there.

Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    The US apology tour is over.
    It was with Trump. He laid out the facts and reality. Biden isn’t as bad as Barry- because Barry had all this leftist head-trash that made him want to apologize for America and the west for saving the world in the 20th century.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    Cite your sources, please.

Some where close to maybe 20 times in the Ukraine and being around some of the leaders.

Why do you keep speaking like you know these dudes personally?
    I have said many times I don't know Zelenski nor Putin, but my brother knows both of them really well. So maybe projecting his view.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tn1911 View Post
    He claims his brother knows Putin and zelensky.... and the Pope and Elvis.
    No he has never met the Pope and Elvis.

Feedback Score
    I don't care if his brother knows Putin, Zelensky, the Pope.

Maybe he does. Maybe he doesn't. It's the internet. Since I don't know him or his brother. I will take what he says at that value.

His posts are entertaining, and he seems to always be respectful. So he seems OK to me.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    “Having been there close to 20 times and been around some leaders” is an anecdote, not a source. When you say “Ukraine is more corrupt than Russia”, you are talking about something international watchdogs quantify, and have been doing so for some time. And your anecdotal claim is contrary to their data, thus requires evidence.

In your investigation into the difference in levels of corruption in Russia and Ukraine, how many times did you visit the Kremlin? What years did you collect this info?
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Another good interview. Does not paint a good picture by the foreign volunteers fighting and that's been consistent in every interview I have viewed so far. Hopefully it improves for them or they will probably start leaving:

- Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Interesting article someone posted on another forum.

Germany and EU have been handed over a declaration of war

https://thesaker.is/germany-and-eu-h...ration-of-war/
    "You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass."
    Japanese Admiral Yamamoto, 1941

"A wise man's heart directs him toward the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him toward the left."
    Ecclesiastes 10:2:

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Artos View Post
    Interesting article someone posted on another forum.

Germany and EU have been handed over a declaration of war

https://thesaker.is/germany-and-eu-h...ration-of-war/

Now it’s painfully clear the imperial velvet gloves are off when it comes to the vassals. EU independence: verboten. Cooperation with China: verboten. Independent trade connectivity with Asia: verboten. The only place for the EU is to be economically subjugated to the US: a tawdry remix of 1945-1955. With a perverse neoliberal twist: we will own your industrial capacity, and you will have nothing.
    Agree that they are vassal states. We own their asses whether they like it or not.

Going to be funny as hell this winter watching their people freeze and factories close down thanks to their energy costs exploding. They get what they asked for!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    “Having been there close to 20 times and been around some leaders” is an anecdote, not a source. When you say “Ukraine is more corrupt than Russia”, you are talking about something international watchdogs quantify, and have been doing so for some time.
    Like Amnesty International?

Amnesty International said on Friday that it stands by a report in which it accused Kiev of endangering civilians by placing its military assets in schools and residential areas. The investigation drew the ire of the Ukrainian government and President Vladimir Zelensky.
    The report, which was released on Thursday, accused Kiev of “a clear violation of international humanitarian law” as it documented that Ukraine was placing its military close to civilian infrastructure, thus putting civilian lives at risk. In particular, the NGO said it found evidence of current or prior military activity in 22 out of the 29 schools it visited in Ukraine between April and July.

Page 108 of 460 FirstFirst ... 85898106107108109110118158208 ... LastLast