Page 125 of 460 FirstFirst ... 2575115123124125126127135175225 ... LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,250 of 4599

Thread: Russian invasion of Ukraine discussion

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    How so? In terms of criticisms and blame for their failures in Ukraine?
    They are blaming the Generals, some right wing bloggers are calling for the Generals to be stripped of rank and handed an AK and sent to the front in bare feet.

Some of them are also calling for using nukes

Feedback Score
    As for the cartoon character thing?

Man I wish he was a simple caricature. He's smart, cunning, ruthless, singlemindedly focused on Russia retaking the world stage as a major power player AND he's a bully and a psychopath. He believes in authoritarianism and autocracy with every fiber of his being.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by utahjeepr View Post
    As for the cartoon character thing?

Man I wish he was a simple caricature. He's smart, cunning, ruthless, singlemindedly focused on Russia retaking the world stage as a major power player AND he's a bully and a psychopath. He believes in authoritarianism and autocracy with every fiber of his being.
    And if you were Russian, isnÂ’t that what you would want?

I for one donÂ’t like having to get Google or NikeÂ’s approval to like something

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    And if you were Russian, isnÂ’t that what you would want?

I for one donÂ’t like having to get Google or NikeÂ’s approval to like something
    Not gonna claim to know what Russians want. I did see a poll that something like 60-70% of Russians would GTFO if they had the means. I have no idea how accurate or reliable that poll is though. It was done by western media, topped with we all know how polling can be skewed.

Feedback Score
    Which I find more fair than mysterious Biden votes found in major cities 8 hours after polls closed
    Religion is doing what you are told no matter what is right. Morality is doing what is right no matter what you are told...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by utahjeepr View Post
    I did see a poll that something like 60-70% of Russians would GTFO if they had the means. I have no idea how accurate or reliable that poll is though
    Well consider this, the brain drain that occurred when the wall fell was huge. Many highly educated Russians fled to Europe and the US the moment they could.

I’m friends with a guy who grew up in 1970’s Moscow, attended Moscow University and obtained a PhD in Mathematics, he and his wife both teach at a large university here. Both fled once they could.

He speaks of the numbers of colleagues who did the same and jokes about how 1992 saw the single largest group of doctors and engineers admitted and licensed to practice in Europe in history.
    Religion is doing what you are told no matter what is right. Morality is doing what is right no matter what you are told...

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by yoni View Post
    I just watched video of the truck bomb that took out the bridge, it appears to have been a suicide bomber. The truck is driving along with a few other vehicles and then boom.

Regarding the Russian people mainly the right going after the military, that is so Russian. Going back to the Czars, when things got bad it was always the fault of those under the Czar, but never the fault of the Czar.
    I am not sure it was a suicide bomber and not a timer or something else like a cell phone, it went off just short of the ship channel I would think a manual activation would take place there.
    “The Trump Doctrine is ‘We’re America, Bitch.’ That’s the Trump Doctrine.”

"He is free to evade reality, he is free to unfocus his mind and stumble blindly down any road he pleases, but not free to avoid the abyss he refuses to see."

Feedback Score
    In the video I watched it looked like the truck was moving when it went boom

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    That’s rich.

I firmly believe Putin actually won his election fair and square unlike some other people.
    How is that evidence in either direction? A dictator can rise to power through election.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mack7.62 View Post
    I am not sure it was a suicide bomber and not a timer or something else like a cell phone, it went off just short of the ship channel I would think a manual activation would take place there.
    Quote Originally Posted by yoni View Post
    In the video I watched it looked like the truck was moving when it went boom
    I thought it was interesting that it happened as the truck went up the steep part of the bridge? Suicide bomber is most likely, but put pallets on a truck and have them shipped? Driver doesn’t know? Mercury switch as it goes up the bridge at the critical point? How much explosive was that? One skid of C4? Hell, hide it in a ‘liquid’ container and use the top resivior to tamp the explosive force downward?
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Page 125 of 460 FirstFirst ... 2575115123124125126127135175225 ... LastLast