Page 227 of 460 FirstFirst ... 127177217225226227228229237277327 ... LastLast
Results 2,261 to 2,270 of 4599

Thread: Russian invasion of Ukraine discussion

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by prepare View Post
    Bleeding Russia/USSR dry when they were in Afghanistan and the US was supporting the Taliban worked.

Now its Ukraines turn to be the meat grinder. Let's kill a bunch of Ukrainians and destroy their country to weaken Russia.

Send more weapons!
    Which was pay back for 'Nam. Again, proxy war is as old as war itself and all nations do it, see also Korea, and on it goes. So ya, send lawyers, guns, and money.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    Which was pay back for 'Nam. Again, proxy war is as old as war itself and all nations do it, see also Korea, and on it goes. So ya, send lawyers, guns, and money.
    No argument there. And yet people still fall for the proxy propaganda.
    You won't outvote the corruption.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Feedback Score
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Feedback Score
    Bleeding Russia/USSR dry when they were in Afghanistan and the US was supporting the Taliban worked.

Now its Ukraines turn to be the meat grinder. Let's kill a bunch of Ukrainians and destroy their country to weaken Russia.

Send more weapons!
    Quote Originally Posted by camoman View Post
    That about sums it up.
    Conveniently ignoring that the Ukrainians are willing to fight and die because they know EXACTLY what their life will be like under Russian rule. Not to mention that Pootieboi himself has stated multiple times that his goal is to return all of eastern Europe to the "glory days" of the 80's.

Yeah, Pootieboi is the victim here.
    Last edited by utahjeepr; 02-08-23 at 07:49.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Propaganda is also an essential part of war. The formation of the US was a proxy war for the French against the Brits, and here we are.

Like war, there's "just" proxy wars and non.

Have you ever read about how the Roman's employed propaganda ? Literally nothing has changed.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    Thanks for the conversation and stay frosty my friend!

It is analysis but for some reason, I see things. I think I'm part witch. I saw the housing market bubble years before it happened, and I'm pisssd that I didn't see the "Big Short" way to make money on it- we just rented until the bubble burst. At work I have an almost freakish way to tell what project and opportunities will work. In under 24 hours I knew who was one of the conspirators on the Bush National Guard memo mess. That wasn't that hard but I couldn't get anyone to listen because how could I know? I look at data and I see things.

And now a Putin Proxy (The Chechen guy) says that Poland is next... It's not like that is a new thing. I've been talking about it since 2009 here.

I drink Diet Coke and I see things...

If Russia weren't a kleptocratic oligarchy, this wouldn't be happening. What must happen is that Russia is bled white so that it gives up its thugocracy and evil- yes there is no other word for threatening to use nuclear weapons to kill or subjugate other people- losses the will and capability to do that.
    Frosty, is the only way to be.
    And, I just wanted to clear up…I don’t fully disagree with everything you said. We all need to come to grips with the fact that propaganda flows on both ends. We are being lied to, they are being lied to.
    Two gigantic web of lies. I believe absolutely nothing that comes out of the State Dept, as they have all shown beyond a shadow of a doubt…they cannot be trusted.
    I do believe that what we see happening right now, with all the billions dumped in Ukraine…is desperation. The west knows they are losing, and soon they will lose control of the narrative as well.

Feedback Score
    Propaganda is also an essential part of war. The formation of the US was a proxy war for the French against the Brits, and here we are.

Like war, there's "just" proxy wars and non.

Have you ever read about how the Roman's employed propaganda ? Literally nothing has changed.
    No argument there either. But look at how many fall for it.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by utahjeepr View Post
    Conveniently ignoring that the Ukrainians are willing to fight and
    Are they really? Did Zelensky give them a choice?
    This has absolutely nothing to do with the color revolution,,where the west preformed yet another coop, which resulted in regime change on the elected government of Ukraine….yep…sure.

So let me ask….how would you feel if Russia preformed regime change in Mexico, Cuba, and Canada….installed their puppets, and created bio labs with intent of unleashing bio weapons in the US, and moved weapons to our borders?
    I fuggin guarantee you’d be all for invading all three of those countries! How is this any different?

Reality is, I couldn’t care less about what Putin does, halfway across the planet! If he wants to return to the glory days, how in the Sam hell does that effect us? In reality what is transpiring effects us worse then the reunification of the USSR ever would! I would argue that We have backed them into a corner…and just like any being on the planet…they have every right to defend their country.
    Last edited by camoman; 02-08-23 at 09:03.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Buncheong View Post
    Russians are inveterate liars, and they will tell their target audience whatever they think they want to hear.
    They have an interesting form of lying. They will lie about things easily fact-checked. They will lie to you about those things when you know that they know that you know that they are lying. There’s even a separate word in the language for this specific type of lying.

They will tell an audience that the Lakers won yesterday, and be content that some won’t bother checking, because they want to believe, or are unwilling/unable to check that.

You see this type of lying become a cultural norm in authoritarian environments of all shapes and sizes.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by camoman View Post
    Are they really? Did Zelensky give them a choice?
    This has absolutely nothing to do with the color revolution,,where the west preformed yet another coop, which resulted in regime change on the elected government of Ukraine….yep…sure.

So let me ask….how would you feel if Russia preformed regime change in Mexico, Cuba, and Canada….installed their puppets, and created bio labs with intent of unleashing bio weapons in the US, and moved weapons to our borders?
    I fuggin guarantee you’d be all for invading all three of those countries! How is this any different?

Reality is, I couldn’t care less about what Putin does, halfway across the planet! If he wants to return to the glory days, how in the Sam hell does that effect us? In reality what is transpiring effects us worse then the reunification of the USSR ever would! I would argue that We have backed them into a corner…and just like any being on the planet…they have every right to defend their country.
    Russia is not “defending their country”. Don’t be so gullible, and learn how to spell and pronounce coup if you want to be taken seriously on this topic.

Page 227 of 460 FirstFirst ... 127177217225226227228229237277327 ... LastLast