Page 256 of 460 FirstFirst ... 156206246254255256257258266306356 ... LastLast
Results 2,551 to 2,560 of 4599

Thread: Russian invasion of Ukraine discussion

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by prepare View Post
    The end is years out.

This is far from a one sided conflict. Eventually there will be US casualties. Then what? Does the US respond directly? If so that will change the dynamic dramatically and the US is far from untouchable in modern warfare. Our satellites are vulnerable, Russia has direct energy weapons, all manner of cyber attacks on our infrastructure are a possibility, etc.

This war is being pushed as if Russia has no say in the matter.
    There's already been US causalities. They will only "matter" if (1) we officially* send people into Ukraine or (2) Russia targets positions outside Ukraine where US forces exist. On #1 I think that would result in more gear being sent to kill more Russians, and #2 would probably result in a retaliatory strike. Remember what happened when the Russian "mercenaries" decided to move on US troops in Syria? Russia decided to test our resolve and pink mist was the results. But, the fact remains that such things can and have spun out of control and escalated in ways that can't be known, and that's why everyone wants to have nukes: countries will avoid war with you.

* No doubt there's spooks, SOF working for spooks, "advisors" etc all over the place assisting in killin' Russians.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    I'd assume Ukraine remaining as a sovereign nation (hopefully US/western Europe friendly) that moves forward as a democracy, Putin's ability to wage war against its neighbors and beyond greatly reduced (that goal has been achieved), Putin and China's willingness to attempt invading other nations in the future greatly reduced (I'd say achieved but time will tell), and the US remains the dominant nation on the planet as the Euro idiots awake to the idea Russia is not their/our friend and the cold war never really ended.
    Your assumption is far too logical for political matters and egos.

Politicians are more than willing to let the killing continue just to prove that they're right. Thats's even evident in this thread, "who cares how many people get smoked as long as my side wins"...

I doubt you assumed dumb ass milley would abandon everyone in Afghanistan the way he did.
    You won't outvote the corruption.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Looks like there is a lot of infighting among the Russian bosses

Wagner chief reveals huge pile of his mercenaries killed in one day as he continues to accuse 'treasonous' defence chief of failing to give his men ammo in sign of growing split within Russian forces
    Wagner army lead Yevgeny Prigozhin accused minister Sergei Shoigu of lying. Putin's Wagner chief revealed a huge pile of his mercenaries were killed in just one day as he accuses the defense chief of failing to provide his army with enough weapons - in a sign of a growing split within Russian forces.

The open warfare inside 'very unwell' Putin's armed forces deepened today as Yevgeny Prigozhin, head of Wagner private army, accused defence minister Sergei Shoigu of lying to the Russian people.

He posted a macabre picture showing the bodies of dozens of fighters, believed to be around Bakhmut and killed in the past 24 hours, claiming the losses are five times greater due to the incompetence of top Russian commanders.
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...d-one-day.html

Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by prepare View Post
    Your assumption is far too logical for political matters and egos.

Politicians are more than willing to let the killing continue just to prove that they're right. Thats's even evident in this thread, "who cares how many people get smoked as long as my side wins"...

I doubt you assumed dumb ass milley would abandon everyone in Afghanistan the way he did.
    I did mention how things can spin out of control, and as indicated before, bold may be partially why we are dealing with this now. That was a very bad look for the US, not to mention disgusting and impeachable.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    Mearshimer's unpopular but its interesting examine all sides of this quagmire. Note the wikipedia banner about CGTN being funded by the CCP.

It's also fascinating that there was a considerable effort link Trump to Russia for 4 years.

Last edited by prepare; 02-23-23 at 05:18.
    You won't outvote the corruption.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I just love the fact that these idiots ignore the fact we have Boomers when making their threats.

Anton Gerashchenko
    @Gerashchenko_en
    ·
    2h
    Attention, United States!

Russian propagandists discuss "waking up" the Yellowstone volcano with nuclear weapons.
    “The Trump Doctrine is ‘We’re America, Bitch.’ That’s the Trump Doctrine.”

"He is free to evade reality, he is free to unfocus his mind and stumble blindly down any road he pleases, but not free to avoid the abyss he refuses to see."

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Poland update.

Visegrád 24
    @visegrad24
    ·
    11m
    Polish President Duda today met with the 98 antiterrorist policemen who just returned from a secret mission in ����
    They spent the past months de-mining areas left by the Russians
    Ukraine asked for help with other EU police forces, but only Poland thought it wasn’t too dangerous

Visegrád 24
    @visegrad24
    ·
    5h
    BREAKING:

Poland will sign a contract next week to buy 1000 Borsuk Infantry Fighting Vehicles.
    The deal is worth USD 10 bn.
    The Polish-produced IFV is armed with a Bushmaster gun & 2 Spike anti-tank guided missiles.
    Poland will have Europe’s largest land army in a few years.

"He is free to evade reality, he is free to unfocus his mind and stumble blindly down any road he pleases, but not free to avoid the abyss he refuses to see."

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Need more of these. Ukraine is taking the captured T-62's and turning them into armored recovery vehicles.

Corporal Frisk
    @CorporalFrisk
    ·
    5h
    Really nice! #Finland will deliver three #Leopard2 of the armoured engineering/heavy mine breeching vehicle variant #Leopard2R. These are exactly what #Ukraine needs to be able to liberate territory and get the armoured and mechanised units moving. Great news! #AEV
    Last edited by mack7.62; 02-23-23 at 09:57.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    I'd assume Ukraine remaining as a sovereign nation (hopefully US/western Europe friendly) that moves forward as a democracy, Putin's ability to wage war against its neighbors and beyond greatly reduced (that goal has been achieved), Putin and China's willingness to attempt invading other nations in the future greatly reduced (I'd say achieved but time will tell), and the US remains the dominant nation on the planet as the Euro idiots awake to the idea Russia is not their/our friend and the cold war never really ended.
    That is what I’m getting at. We are forced to assume what the end game is because we don’t have a stated policy objective. Pursuing a policy without a clearly articulated objective rarely turns out they way we hope it does. It makes it difficult to build popular support domestically and it creates a massive challenges when attempting to build a cohesive international alliance.

Is our objective to end the war? Remove Russia complete from Ukrainian soil?
    Regime change in Russia? Continuing the war to make Putin bleed for the next 10 years?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dumb Gun Collector View Post
    Looks like there is a lot of infighting among the Russian bosses
    Yeah, idk. I think the Wagner dude is the playing the best of anyone.

He’s emptied the Russian jails of its biggest shitbirds. A previous post outlined how he really only went for hardened life criminals. By all means it would seem to me he intended to march them to their death, and honestly I can’t say I’m sad about it.

Who knows how many he recruited, but let’s say of this 30k he sprung from jail he also gained 300 real warriors, if we are going to to go by every 1 in100 is a “true warrior”. Honestly for this guy it’s nothing but win.

He’s also been using his mercenary army to enrich himself by really just focusing on capturing things like some of europes biggest salt mines for himself. And he has his own mercenary army to run and protect it.

Then lastly here, he shows a picture of some dead shitheads, which he absolutely intended to kill, to try to get more supplies. Supplies that will further him personally financially.

He doesn’t need it. He has tons of money and has been using his own private mercenary army to goto North Korea and buy it for him and transport it for him.

Honestly this guys got it figured out and we should dispatch JSOC to kill him immediately.

Page 256 of 460 FirstFirst ... 156206246254255256257258266306356 ... LastLast