Page 44 of 460 FirstFirst ... 3442434445465494144 ... LastLast

Thread: Russian invasion of Ukraine discussion

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Another air base in Crimea hit.

The Kyiv Independent
    @KyivIndependent

⚡️Explosions reported at military air base in occupied Crimea.

Several explosions were heard at a military air base in the village of Hvardiiske, not far from Simferopol, on Aug. 16, Russian media Kommersant reported.

And I believe this is a different attack.

The Kyiv Independent
    @KyivIndependent
    ⚡️Explosions damage railway in occupied Crimea.

Russian state-controlled media TASS reported that the railway line between the Azovske and Rozizd stations was damaged following the reported detonation of ammunition at a depot in the village of Maiske.
    Last edited by mack7.62; 08-16-22 at 07:15.
    “The Trump Doctrine is ‘We’re America, Bitch.’ That’s the Trump Doctrine.”

"He is free to evade reality, he is free to unfocus his mind and stumble blindly down any road he pleases, but not free to avoid the abyss he refuses to see."

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mack7.62 View Post
    I ETS'd in 76. But serious question, are you active or reserve and are you saying that non of you time is spent on CRT or diversity training and do you serve with any who identify as other than their birth gender?
    I’ve deployed 14 times since then.

You’re moving the goalposts. Is it “more interested in diversity than warfighting”, or does any amount of non-combat training somehow prove your point? For the most part the only place I hear about “woke” or “diversity” in the .mil is here, on M4c. Y’all talk about gay shit more than actual gays. I do attend a “don’t rape or sexually harass anyone” class however often that’s required. I think annually.

And, no, I don’t. They make up a portion of the force so small as to be unicorns, and I don’t think any are deployable under current policy. But yeah, I’ve attended tranny training twice. Once under Trump, once under Biden.

We still train on warfighting tasks (and execute them) regardless of what you heard from the fatass at the gun counter. If you keep saying ignorant shit like in the other thread (check Navy regs before posting about them; its 2022, that shits on Google), I’m just going to put you on ignore.

There’s a chick here that deadlifts over 500lbs….
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    I’ve deployed 14 times since then.

You’re moving the goalposts. Is it “more interested in diversity than warfighting”, or does any amount of non-combat training somehow prove your point? For the most part the only place I hear about “woke” or “diversity” in the .mil is here, on M4c. Y’all talk about gay shit more than actual gays. I do attend a “don’t rape or sexually harass anyone” class however often that’s required. I think annually.
    It's a shame such things are required, but from the experiences I have been told via female mil friends, the stats, etc, that does not sound like a bad thing per se, but whether it actually changes anything, is another matter.

And, no, I don’t. They make up a portion of the force so small as to be unicorns, and I don’t think any are deployable under current policy. But yeah, I’ve attended tranny training twice. Once under Trump, once under Biden.
    LOL. Can we hear more about that? What do they talk about? That one must be interesting. For myself, don't care if the person "self identifies" as a blender if they do their job and pull their weight. I'm libertarian on such matters personally.

We still train on warfighting tasks (and execute them) regardless of what you heard from the fatass at the gun counter. If you keep saying ignorant shit like in the other thread (check Navy regs before posting about them; its 2022, that shits on Google), I’m just going to put you on ignore.

There’s a chick here that deadlifts over 500lbs….
    This gives me some hope the woke nonsense has not infiltrated the mil as badly as some claim, I have heard differently from others in the mil however, so no doubt somewhat dependent on where you are, what you're doing etc.

As someone who has worked with strength athletes, pro BBers, etc, etc, I know some very strong ladies. A few of which are retired mil. 500lb DL is getting into WR territory, so I'd gather she'd either big gal, and or a competitive lifter. Personally, I think that's cool as F and a strong lady vs weak and soft and helpless, is all good by me.

She's the one who will put the SAW over one shoulder, a box of ammo in one hand, and drag a wounded person by their drag handle to safety. There's plenty of men who can't do that, but to be sure, a lot more men can vs women can do that.

You tell her Will Brink says rock on.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)

Russian invasion of Ukraine discussion

You guys really want to talk all of that, I’m up for it, but someone needs to start a different thread. I just left USASOC for TRADOC so I’m in the middle of a major culture swing but happy to give actual experience.

Bottom line though, is that 1168 is right. Most of the bullshit I hear about the military is from people that have been out for decades or was never in. There’s plenty of actual bullshit to talk about so I can, but let’s at least be real about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    The Ukrainians Have Struck Another Russian Airfield In Crimea

https://www.forbes.com/sites/davidax...h=4a426cd82dfa
    Religion is doing what you are told no matter what is right. Morality is doing what is right no matter what you are told...

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Y’all talk about gay shit more than actual gays. .
    LOL. This isn't just here. I have buddies that can't talk about anything without this coming up. It reminds me of Walter in the Big Lebowski who somehow made everything about Vietnam.
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)

Russian invasion of Ukraine discussion

Quote Originally Posted by DG23 View Post
    Not if they are adults and males...

Women and small children may be able to leave but otherwise - They is in the army now! like it or not...

This garbage about Russia 'kidnapping' Ukrainians is just more propaganda from the usual idiots spreading the propaganda.
    https://www.info-res.org/post/deport...rted-to-russia

“Ukrainian refugees are presented with the illusion of choice from the moment of their capture until their involuntary settlement in Russian territory. They are trapped in a Kafka-esque system working against them. Kept under the watchful eyes of the invading forces from the moment of their capture until their forceful placement in Russian territory, there is no safe way to escape a process in which the wrong answer can cost them their lives.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dumb Gun Collector View Post
    LOL. This isn't just here. I have buddies that can't talk about anything without this coming up. It reminds me of Walter in the Big Lebowski who somehow made everything about Vietnam.
    "The lady doth protest too much, methinks" ...
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    Russia to stage ‘provocation’ at nuclear plant, warns Ukrainian military

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...-nuclear-plant

Russian vehicles seen inside turbine hall at Ukraine nuclear plant

https://edition.cnn.com/2022/08/19/e...hnk/index.html

Russia allegedly tells nuclear power plant workers not to go to work Friday amid concerns of a planned incident

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/r...nues-rcna43673

Chilling map shows how Chernobyl-style fallout will spread across Europe as Russia ‘plans attack on nuke plant TODAY’

https://www.the-sun.com/news/6032802...a-war-fallout/

Russia warns radioactive waste could hit Germany if accident occurs at damaged nuclear power plant

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/08/18/russ...box=1660825075

Russia 'planning to disconnect Zaporizhzhia nuclear plant'

https://amp.dw.com/en/russia-ukraine...ant/a-62863804
    Last edited by tn1911; 08-19-22 at 07:42.
    Religion is doing what you are told no matter what is right. Morality is doing what is right no matter what you are told...

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Not a fan of the Ukraine or its goon squad leadership or EU/NATO at all, but I will say this:

Russian leadership looks incompetent AF. Contract soldiers being let out of their contracts (!), heavy use of militias composed of middle-aged men rather than professional military, no mobilization, no martial law like the US had in Hawaii during WWII, not enough drones, not enough NV, sh#t optics, sh#t strategy, and very heavy losses of both humans and hardware, which Russian Federation cannot afford.

Two-time convicted sex offender Scott Ritter can shift the goalposts any which way he wants to rationalize failure, and propagandist pinheads like “the Saker” can make up whatever fairy tales help them sleep at night. But fact is, the entire Russian war effort has devolved into an idiotic clusterf#ck run by clueless, wavering, self-serving political imbeciles in Moscow.

Page 44 of 460 FirstFirst ... 3442434445465494144 ... LastLast