Page 6 of 460 FirstFirst ... 456781656106 ... LastLast

Thread: Russian invasion of Ukraine discussion

Feedback Score
    All those Billions of dollars in war materiel to Ukraine. Why not some mobile truck launched long range missiles, like Tomahawk, that can strike Moscow, and the Kremlin, or Putin's house?
    We surely have sold them to other countries.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Harpoon View Post
    All those Billions of dollars in war materiel to Ukraine. Why not some mobile truck launched long range missiles, like Tomahawk, that can strike Moscow, and the Kremlin, or Putin's house?
    For some reason, giving Ukraine the ability to strike back against Russia is seen as a big no-no here in the west. Officially, the big fear is not wanting to give "offensive" weapons to Ukraine that could widen the scope of the war. The cynic in me thinks that, as has been discussed before, many Western leaders don't actually want Ukraine to win, they just want to bleed Russia for some time. Rather than give them weapons that could actually help, they'll trickle it in to draw the war out.
    It's f*****g great, putting holes in people, all the time, and it just puts 'em down mate, they drop like sacks of s**t when they go down with this.
    --British veteran of the Ukraine War, discussing the FN SCAR H.

Feedback Score
    Religion is doing what you are told no matter what is right. Morality is doing what is right no matter what you are told...

Feedback Score
    All those Billions of dollars in war materiel to Ukraine.
    Eventually they are going to throw in the towel and surrender.

Who do you suppose they will come crying to for help (money) rebuilding the ruins they are left with???

You guys have no idea what this is going to 'really' cost us in the end. So far we have just made the down payment.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2022/06/30/...e-updates.html

Russians have surrendered Snake Island.
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DG23 View Post
    Eventually they are going to throw in the towel and surrender.

Who do you suppose they will come crying to for help (money) rebuilding the ruins they are left with???

You guys have no idea what this is going to 'really' cost us in the end. So far we have just made the down payment.
    Is that what you would do DG if you country was invaded, are you French?

In other news appears Ruskies have bugged out from Snake Island, looks like being within artillery range of the artillery provided by the West made it a not so fun place.

I believe this is the way it played out, Russia takes island, Ukraine hits with drone and air strikes, Russia puts a ton of air defense on island, Ukraine takes out oil and gas platforms which had EW drone jammers, Ukraine uses drones to target air defenses with precision artillery strikes, Russians give up and leave.

Ukraine government organization
    Operational Command South confirms, the russian occupiers have left the Snake Island.
    They couldn’t stand the weather - the ground was burning under their feet, the sea was boiling, the air was too hot.
    P.S. russian warships go f…ck yourselves!
    3:28 AM · Jun 30, 2022·Twitter Web App

Jay in Kyiv
    @JayinKyiv
    Looking at one of the Howitzers responsible for ridding Snake Island of barbarian trash, it's kinda shocking that Russia would spend 5 weeks loading the island with advanced anti-aircraft systems, $15M Pantsirs, troops, boats...all within clear range of Ukrainian artillery.

Roland Oliphant
    @RolandOliphant
    Russia quits Snake island.
    - Russian mil telegram: trying to retain control of the island under Ukrainian fire from French Caesar shore artillery was a suicide mission
    - Russian MoD: withdrawal is a voluntary gesture of goodwill to allow grain exports
    3:47 AM · Jun 30, 2022·Twitter Web App

https://twitter.com/CovertShores/sta...57948944973827

H I Sutton
    @CovertShores
    ***HOT TAKE***

#Russia has withdrawn from Snake Island. This is important, and it is a significant victory for #Ukraine.

Why...

Thread. Usual caveats. Alternative analysis welcome
    Last edited by mack7.62; 06-30-22 at 07:32.
    “The Trump Doctrine is ‘We’re America, Bitch.’ That’s the Trump Doctrine.”

"He is free to evade reality, he is free to unfocus his mind and stumble blindly down any road he pleases, but not free to avoid the abyss he refuses to see."

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dumb Gun Collector View Post
    https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2022/06/30/...e-updates.html

Russians have surrendered Snake Island.
    Interesting. I'm curious to see if the Ukrainians try to reoccupy the island, or if it is largely abandoned. If the latter, that brings into question the actual significance of the island, at least in comparison to the costs of trying to hold it. I'd bet the USMC and USN have been watching the situation quite closely. If long-range artillery, airstrikes, and missile strikes are capable of forcing troops off of an island, that's something they'll need to analyze and prepare for.
    It's f*****g great, putting holes in people, all the time, and it just puts 'em down mate, they drop like sacks of s**t when they go down with this.
    --British veteran of the Ukraine War, discussing the FN SCAR H.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I don't see Ukraine trying to occupy the island at this time, Russia would just shell them from sea. After the war I would not be surprised to see some major bunker work take place. I wonder about the island, does it have a good water supply, is it possible to dig in deep without flooding etc?
    Last edited by mack7.62; 06-30-22 at 09:13.
    “The Trump Doctrine is ‘We’re America, Bitch.’ That’s the Trump Doctrine.”

"He is free to evade reality, he is free to unfocus his mind and stumble blindly down any road he pleases, but not free to avoid the abyss he refuses to see."

Feedback Score
    Honestly I think that would have more negative repercussions than positive for the Ukes. Even with western intelligence assistance they will have a difficult time selecting/hitting targets that are tactically significant to the invasion effort. Targeting logistics chains and CC would certainly help but I don't think it would outweigh the negatives.

Strikes on Russia would play into Putin's "self defense" narrative at home and abroad. Pootieboi's cork soakers would play it for all they are worth. Even if it was perfectly surgical at hitting legitimate military targets, I wouldn't put it past Putin to fire on his own hospitals, schools, etc. just to play it up. It ain't like he gives a crap, and it would be hard to prove. Especially to the audience he is playing to.

There is also the possibility that Pootieboi uses it as an excuse to widen his war and striking out at western targets. I doubt it would happen but it is a possibility.

That's how I read it. Escalation without significant advantage.

I'm also with others in that I don't think Biden is interested in Ukraine "winning" so much as he is interested in hurting Russia and playing this conflict for all it is worth politically.

Pootieboi and Poopypants, ain't they a pair.
    Go Ukraine! Piss on the Russian dead.

Feedback Score
    The CCTV footage that debunks Russia’s lies about Kremenchuk shopping centre attack

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world...918ebfedddfd16
    Religion is doing what you are told no matter what is right. Morality is doing what is right no matter what you are told...

Page 6 of 460 FirstFirst ... 456781656106 ... LastLast