Page 80 of 460 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290130180 ... LastLast

Thread: Russian invasion of Ukraine discussion

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    If Putin has lost it, well, I guess all bets are off, but I wonder if calling for a nuclear strike would not be the red line for the Kremlin, mil, or oligarchs who run the place. They are no doubt well aware, send that nuke and all their biz, their lives, their nation, etc, all done. No question about that and they know it.

My guess is, the Russian flu would hit Putin hard right about then.
    I’m not entirely convinced he’s not unspooling, so I put him calling for a nuke strike a bit higher than most because he sees that as a way of “winning”. If he loses in the Ukraine he will lose everything. While the oligarchs are powerful, I don’t think they’re powerful enough to take him out without solid backing from the military.

Hopefully if he does call for nukes his military command will say no. They’re probably in a better frame of mind to understand what’s really going on in Ukraine. And know if they just stopped fighting and came home Ukraine would leave them alone.
    Religion is doing what you are told no matter what is right. Morality is doing what is right no matter what you are told...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    Only thing is Putin isn't stupid enough to pop off a nuke and stay in the Kremlin. He'll be hidden away long before he gives the order.

I wonder if the higher-ups in the Russian military would obey such an order, knowing what the ramifications might be.
    This.

We should have tracks on him and know where he hides, hopefully.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tn1911 View Post
    I’m not entirely convinced he’s not unspooling, so I put him calling for a nuke strike a bit higher than most because he sees that as a way of “winning”. If he loses in the Ukraine he will lose everything. While the oligarchs are powerful, I don’t think they’re powerful enough to take him out without solid backing from the military.

Hopefully if he does call for nukes his military command will say no. They’re probably in a better frame of mind to understand what’s really going on in Ukraine. And know if they just stopped fighting and came home Ukraine would leave them alone.
    Pop off a nuke, he will lose everything regardless x 1000. Whether he's become delusional as to that fact, is the issue there. I'm tempted to think we are listening into all his coms and have a good real time handle on his mental state, but that's conjecture on my end.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    The article someone linked to laid out the option of conventional NATO(?) strike against the facilities and units that light off nuke. I agree with the article that about the smallest tactical nuke against a couple of mil targets is the most likely path. Just a way for Putin to say back off. Unfortunately, the use of a nuke, to prevent him or anyone ever thinking about doing it again is massive use of conventional arms. Besides targeting the nuke infrastructure that let lose the nukes, I’d think you see NATO/US TAC air start slaughtering Russian conventional forces in occupied Ukraine.

I actually think that we need to take out a Putin ally. He doesn’t have many friends left, and make it clear that he can’t protect you.

If Russia lights off a nuke, I say let Israel off the chain and let them take out Iranian nuke program. If nukes become a viable tool, you have to go after the carpenter you might use them. I don’t care if the Israeli stars on the B-2s are dry when they drop the bombs.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    I'm tempted to think we are listening into all his coms and have a good real time handle on his mental state, but that's conjecture on my end.
    Im sure we do too, but let’s face it we’re just one bad bottle of vodka away from all out WWIII in Eastern Europe right now...
    Religion is doing what you are told no matter what is right. Morality is doing what is right no matter what you are told...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    The article someone linked to laid out the option of conventional NATO(?) strike against the facilities and units that light off nuke. I agree with the article that about the smallest tactical nuke against a couple of mil targets is the most likely path. Just a way for Putin to say back off. Unfortunately, the use of a nuke, to prevent him or anyone ever thinking about doing it again is massive use of conventional arms. Besides targeting the nuke infrastructure that let lose the nukes, I’d think you see NATO/US TAC air start slaughtering Russian conventional forces in occupied Ukraine.

I actually think that we need to take out a Putin ally. He doesn’t have many friends left, and make it clear that he can’t protect you.

If Russia lights off a nuke, I say let Israel off the chain and let them take out Iranian nuke program. If nukes become a viable tool, you have to go after the carpenter you might use them. I don’t care if the Israeli stars on the B-2s are dry when they drop the bombs.
    We're going to have to wait two more years for any reasonable foreign policy.
    Todd
    Colt/BCM

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Diamondback View Post
    There are rumblings that just that kind of itchy finger on the Easy Button was what got Stalin dirtnapped...
    Stalin died of natural cause. He suffered a heart attach and stroke and everyone was afraid to treat him. So the doctors all stood there for hours until an old lady that Stalin liked walked up and asked what are you waiting for he is dead.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    Maybe if we hadnÂ’t been starting our own Warsaw Pacts and building army bases ever closer to Russian borders; we may not be in this position.

I meanÂ….who would feel comfortable with ChiCom Armor base or a Russian Naval port in Canada?
    Or a few Russian 'defensive' launchers in Cuba.

That is how we word it when we plant rocket launchers near adversaries of our. We say they are just 'defensive' launchers.
    (knowing darn well there is no difference between offensive and defensive other than 'perhaps' the missiles that are loaded into them at the time)

Putin needs to ship a bunch of those 'defensive' launchers of theirs to Cuba and see how we like it...

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DG23 View Post
    Or a few Russian 'defensive' launchers in Cuba.

That is how we word it when we plant rocket launchers near adversaries of our. We say they are just 'defensive' launchers.
    (knowing darn well there is no difference between offensive and defensive other than 'perhaps' the missiles that are loaded into them at the time)

Putin needs to ship a bunch of those 'defensive' launchers of theirs to Cuba and see how we like it...
    Do you not history?
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    http://https://youtu.be/yDCzpAuWM1w

Maybe it is time for subjects like brilliant pebbles to be brought up again. I was a kid when Regan brought up the Star Wars program, and honestly I wanted that to happen so bad as a kid. Dad worked nuclear, and I had so many nightmares, which the Day After miniseries helped to stoke.

I know back in the 90s and early 00s there was a laser system on board a jumbo jet. The inventors of brilliant pebbles claimed that no scuds would have hit targets in desert storm if it had been deployed. All of that technology has to of improved since those times; so, given that there is Putin threatening to use nuclear weapons because he cannot win a limited war he started. I think it is only fair for us to bring back the idea of SDI, and perhaps start being serious about it.
    Member of the JPFO, NRA, and TSRA!

Page 80 of 460 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290130180 ... LastLast