Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Primers cost

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    I never thought I'd see the day where I'd have such a hard time getting primers and abortions.
    You are supposed to HAVE the kid and trade it off for primers at the first opportunity.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Backfire View Post
    9mm is a wash, but still some calibers like 300BO that just refuse to come down.
    Depends on a few different things.

If you are trying to load plinking ammo at todays component prices and compare to the cost of the cheapest factory plinking ammo you can find - Yes it is hard to save money.

If you already HAD all your your components stocked and bought them back in the salad days just a few years back - You can still come out ahead.

Same with comparing reloading performance rounds (Gold Dots and Hornady XTP type rounds) to buying factory rounds using those same bullets. You tend to come out ahead rolling those type rounds. ESPECIALLY if you laid in the components deep when they were cheap...

I do not personally see ammo or component prices coming down any time soon. We are experiencing high inflation rates right now and it will not get better any time soon as long as our country continues to print money like it is going out of style...

It may hurt paying the high prices for reloading components now but who seriously thinks those same goods will be cheaper in 6 months or a year, or two years? Good luck waiting on those prices to come down any reasonable amount.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DG23 View Post
    You are supposed to HAVE the kid and trade it off for primers at the first opportunity.
    Jeez, but then who would fill the primer tubes?!

If you already HAD all your your components stocked and bought them back in the salad days just a few years back - You can still come out ahead....

ESPECIALLY if you laid in the components deep when they were cheap...

I'm not an economist, but I bought all the primers I thought I would need for the next 10-20yrs when they were 2˘ each.

After 2008 and 2013, it was easy to see this coming.

I do not personally see ammo or component prices coming down any time soon. We are experiencing high inflation rates right now and it will not get better any time soon as long as our country continues to print money like it is going out of style...

It may hurt paying the high prices for reloading components now but who seriously thinks those same goods will be cheaper in 6 months or a year, or two years? Good luck waiting on those prices to come down any reasonable amount.
    I do expect prices to come down, because even if inflation adds up to 50% or 100% over several years, then primers at 10˘ still don't make sense. (3-4˘, yes, but not 10˘.)

However, as long as there's demand for primers at 10˘ each, then the price isn't going to come down...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Bimmer View Post

I'm not an economist, but I bought all the primers I thought I would need for the next 10-20yrs when they were 2˘ each.
    I didn't get in early enough to get them at that low of a price but DO agree with your comments here.

Like you I am well stocked for the future and did so when things were ungodly cheap (as compared to now).

no idea what this goes for per lb currently IF you can find it -

I just know that I am ok for a few years without having to pay the crazy prices or worry about the stuff I like and use not being readily available.
    Last edited by DG23; 07-04-22 at 21:51.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I still think I am making out on reloading even though I bought all my components post 2020.

9mm:

Primers: 0.08
    Powder: 0.03
    Bullet: 0.11
    Brass/Prep: Free

Total: 0.22

556 62gr FMJ

Powder: 0.12
    Bullets: 0.12
    Brass Prep: 0.05

Total: 0.37

6.5 Creed

Powder: 0.24
    Bullet: 0.39
    Brass/Prep: Free

Total: 0.71
    Tactical Nylon Micro Brewery

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Bruno's emailed that they have Fiochi Small Rifle for $0.11 a piece. WTF??
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Bruno's emailed that they have Fiochi Small Rifle for $0.11 a piece. WTF??
    Primers are $.08-.10 currently.

Feedback Score
    I really did it because i enjoyrd the time. I have a dillion progressive and may just get a rock vhucker for so.e precision loads. I have zero experience in precison shootiing, like to take some classes.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Backfire View Post
    ...I have a dillion progressive and may just get a rock vhucker for so.e precision loads. I have zero experience in precison shootiing, like to take some classes.
    I hate to be the bearer of bad tidings, but you just missed out on huge RCBS press deals through Midway, Natchez, et al. I snagged a new RCBS Rebel for $139, not counting the $35 rebate I have coming for ordering by a certain date.
    Where violence is the local language, be fluent.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron3 View Post
    Primers are $.08-.10 currently.
    My buddy bought some at a Phoenix Area Sportsman’s this week for $0.065/each for what it’s worth
    The Constitution is a "Gun Free Zone" sign for conservatives

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast