Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Primers cost

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron3 View Post
    Primers are $.08-.10 currently.
    For what? Some off brand crap from Turkey or normal, common name brand primers like we are accustomed to buying?

.08 - .10 per primer +shipping, +haz mat, +tax (if they collect that) = No Vaseline - Ass Rape prices!

Looking at the current prices I am darn glad that a year or so ago when my homo son called me begging for some of my primers - That I hung up on him after I got done laughing at his ass!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by PatEgan View Post
    I hate to be the bearer of bad tidings, but you just missed out on huge RCBS press deals through Midway, Natchez, et al. I snagged a new RCBS Rebel for $139, not counting the $35 rebate I have coming for ordering by a certain date.
    RCBS stuff goes on sale frequently if a guy shops around a bit and keeps his eyes open...

Quote Originally Posted by iflyskyhigh View Post
    My buddy bought some at a Phoenix Area Sportsman’s this week for $0.065/each for what it’s worth
    Good price all things considered.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Because the $100 for 5k is looooooong gone.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DG23 View Post
    For what? Some off brand crap from Turkey or normal, common name brand primers like we are accustomed to buying?

.08 - .10 per primer +shipping, +haz mat, +tax (if they collect that) = No Vaseline - Ass Rape prices!

Looking at the current prices I am darn glad that a year or so ago when my homo son called me begging for some of my primers - That I hung up on him after I got done laughing at his ass!
    wow…
    The Constitution is a "Gun Free Zone" sign for conservatives

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DG23 View Post

I scored 5k Federals mail order the other day under .09 ea shipped.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    Because the $100 for 5k is looooooong gone.
    Yup.

My Dad once bought a new '70 Chevelle for under $2500 IIRC.

He'll buy another once the price comes back down.

Of course I'm hoping he gets a Coupe next time. (4 Drs )

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron3 View Post
    I scored 5k Federals mail order the other day under .09 ea shipped.
    As long as people keep paying those prices, the prices will remain that high.

When I started reloading, Winchester primers were $10 at the gun show. Then they jumped to $12 for no reason. When the GWOT started they jumped to $18, then $22, another spike around Sandy Hook, and I bought Federal 205 for $35 for 1K before the Covid panic. $100/1K is absurd. No reason for it except demand.
    "The sword is more important than the shield, and skill is more important than either. The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental." John Steinbeck

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MarshallDodge View Post
    As long as people keep paying those prices, the prices will remain that high.
    Yep. Shooters have never been the brightest bunch. This panic has been the worst one yet by far though. I don't even look at Bruno's emails any longer. The prices are so absurd, I wouldn't be tempted to get my favorite components.

Some guys at my work wanted me to go in on the $0.11 Fiochi primers last week... No thanks.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    81 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Yep. Shooters have never been the brightest bunch. This panic has been the worst one yet by far though. I don't even look at Bruno's emails any longer. The prices are so absurd, I wouldn't be tempted to get my favorite components.

Some guys at my work wanted me to go in on the $0.11 Fiocchi primers last week... No thanks.
    How bout .10cents a primer,, much better deal! Primers are the least of my concerns but considering these are free shipping & hazmat they're "almost" worth it all things considered! I still don't need them but in every email I receive I always at least look pause a sec then just close & delete the email, LOL I received 2 emails yesterday about powder in stock, both powder valley & Brownells,,, a decent selection and NOT normal but reasonable prices. I'm looking for some 450Marlin powder & I could use some more H110 or W296 for my 357 but still did not jump,,, maybe wait for the next cycle & see.
    https://americanreloading.com/primer...at-5000ct.html

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I found a bunch of WOLF SRMs behind my 5k sleeves yesterday. For some reason I put the 1k boxes behind the 5k sleeves and didn't know they were back there. So my primer mental health rating went up dramatically last night.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast