Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Government pressuring corporations on guns

Feedback Score
    Find out who the big guys are and drop the boot or give them a IRS audit...

Feedback Score
    But the Republicans refuse to believe that the country is in the middle of a marxist coup.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Is there any confirmation of this from a reliable source?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlander Systems View Post
    https://www.freightwaves.com/news/se...wing-shootings

Eurodriver said:

“This isn’t a game of telephone. They are coming for your shit.”
    Is that Euro, coming from beyond the e-grave?

So the real story is that the Senators are asking for the data on gun shipments and security. The expected push is for higher levels control for these shipments. So either the DOT or DHS would change the procedures for handling them. The subtext is that shippers will look at the new regs and say that it isn't worth it, or that the price increase is $x. DHS could do this with out senate input. They regulate 'dangerous' stuff on the road and off the road.

Not trying to minimize it, just clarify the actual way it will probably happen.

What needs to happen in response is that the AGs for TX, FL and other Red states need to get the shipping CEOs on the carpet and start pressuring them with state lawsuits, investigations,- all the usual leftwing BS that they do on the states dime. TX, in particular with the recent illegal alien BBQ, should start making trucking companies sweat it out. N&S Dakota, Nebraksa, Oklahoma, Texas and Kansas make a nice fence to look at trucking. Ohio with I-75, 1-80, and other highways transits a lot of trucks that all of a sudden could have some serious safety issues.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Came to share the link Outlander did.

Not sure what pressure a state AG could bring. LTL carriers also don’t carry taxidermy.

It seems like there could be examination of whether any “additional examination” was threatened, but I doubt they did. Ask the questions, knowing a corporation exists to make money and relies on public perception to do so. Let them run scared of what a politician will say about them.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JediGuy View Post
    Came to share the link Outlander did.

Not sure what pressure a state AG could bring. LTL carriers also don’t carry taxidermy.

It seems like there could be examination of whether any “additional examination” was threatened, but I doubt they did. Ask the questions, knowing a corporation exists to make money and relies on public perception to do so. Let them run scared of what a politician will say about them.

Attorney Generals? Did you think AGriculture and taxidermy?
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by yoni View Post
    But the Republicans refuse to believe that the country is in the middle of a marxist coup.
    They have done nothing to fix voter fraud and mules, they are going to get smoked in Nov.

Feedback Score
    Right now it seems just like an inquiry. The industry I work in transports controlled substances, and the questions sound just like something the DEA would ask us.

I think it would take quite a bit to put a full-stop, outside of liberal CEOs like Dominion just choosing not to continue. What I could see is increased regulation just like the DEA does with controlled substances… licensing requirements, minimum security standards, loss reporting to a government database, visits/inspections from agents, etc. Even with that, I can’t imagine every single carrier would just say it’s not worth it. The money is still there.

All you really need is a few large national lobbyists to keep lining the pockets of a few politicians and the trucks will keep rolling… just like they do with drugs. There may be increased costs that get passed on of course, but if a few carriers drop out it just makes it that much more profitable to the remainder. The profits would still outweigh the cost. Plus, with todays tech it’s not rocket science to secure a load.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    Attorney Generals? Did you think AGriculture and taxidermy?
    No, someone referred to getting state AG’s to pressure companies somehow, and I referenced taxidermy as a commodity, among many others, that a carrier may choose to not move. It’s their choice whether to move firearms components. I am more concerned with how/why they decided that was in their best interest.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ViperTwoSix View Post
    Right now it seems just like an inquiry…
    I think it would take quite a bit to put a full-stop, outside of liberal CEOs like Dominion just choosing not to continue…
    It was “just an inquiry,” immediately after which, both SAIA and Old Dominion announced they would cease carrying firearms and components. They are two of the largest LTL carriers in the country, and neither have liberal CEO’s. I haven’t looked into the rest of the list and their reactions.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast