Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do flashcans reduce/stop flash?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Do flashcans reduce/stop flash?

AR pistol without muzzle device will produced huge fireball (in daylight) but with a short flashcan installed no flash was discernible.
    I didn't expect anything besides directing sound down range.
    I was impressed, anyone have good flash reduction with short 1 or 2 inch flashcan, & if so how about flashcan at night?

Thanks.
    God, Family, Freedom.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    From my experience, they exaggerate them to everyone but the shooter.

Feedback Score
    Shooting 7.5 and 10.5" ARs at many-a-ranges..nobody gave a care. Guns are loud. Ever shot a .357 with a 3" barrel? There you go.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    From the manufacturer’s website: “THIS DEVICE IS NOT DESIGNED TO REDUCE RECOIL, MUZZLE RISE, OR FLASH SIGNATURE. THIS DEVICE IS DESIGNED TO DIRECT GASSES AND NOISE FORWARD AWAY FROM THE SHOOTER AND ENHANCE THE WEAPONS APPEARANCE.“

I’ve found them to do nothing useful that I could detect, while also being long. They are really popular with the 7.5” barrel crowd, presumably to make the handguard fit instead of simply getting an inch and a half (or more) longer barrel.

The appearance of the KAK device is clearly designed to mimic the external appearance of the KX3, without the patented internal bits, so it gives off chinesey airsoft bullshit vibes.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by OutofBatt3ry View Post
    Shooting 7.5 and 10.5" ARs at many-a-ranges..nobody gave a care. Guns are loud. Ever shot a .357 with a 3" barrel? There you go.
    Has nothing to do with the OP's question.

OP, my experience with assorted "cans" is a reduction in flash to the shooter due to the energy being totally directed down range.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bamashooter View Post
    Has nothing to do with the OP's question.

OP, my experience with assorted "cans" is a reduction in flash to the shooter due to the energy being totally directed down range.
    That was my bad. Reading comprehension is a thing.

Too add, my short AR pistols with flash cans still made huge fireballs, just more out the front. They were heavy and ugly so I went back to regular A2s.

Feedback Score
    I think flash cans are silly. They tend to make flash worse, the blast diversion devices like wardens do the same. For practical purposes I see no reason for them.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by OutofBatt3ry View Post
    That was my bad. Reading comprehension is a thing.

Too add, my short AR pistols with flash cans still made huge fireballs, just more out the front. They were heavy and ugly so I went back to regular A2s.
    I was asking because I seen a significant decrease in flash, but that was just one sample with only a few rounds.
    I didn't expect such good results. Flash Can used was Midwest Industry.
    I guess barrel length over 10.5 also makes the difference. I know flash cans aren't for flash reduction but I was surprised at results.
    God, Family, Freedom.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeBobJoe View Post
    I didn't expect such good results. Flash Can used was Midwest Industry.
    This one?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    FWIW, I've got a KVP linear comp and it definitely reduces flash as well as pushing the blast downrange. Every once in a while, if I'm shooting quickly, it will belch a fireball, but way less than with a bare muzzle or a brake.
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast