Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: US Military Misses Recruiting Goals

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    Welp. There it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    There’s a process for the sex change already. Every major post is supposed to be standing up some kind of medical task force for it IIRC (this was a/o FEB).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    I could have done 26 as an E-8, if I stayed because of my rate I would have almost guaranteed E-9 but I left at 20. I found it distasteful to listen to thier drivel over and over. Drill wekends were spent on a minutae of administrative masturbation. A/T's were less and less about real training vs. useless classes on social engineering and active was about safety vs. mission accomplishment. It was overdue to punch out and I'm glad I served but couldn't reccomend it today. I'm thankful that we have many who desire to serve and appreciate what they all do but my time was up.
    "The peace we have within us is most often expressed in how we treat others"

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    There’s a process for the sex change already. Every major post is supposed to be standing up some kind of medical task force for it IIRC (this was a/o FEB).
    Can we change the CiC ("Dr." Jill) into a man?
    - Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape - Sam (Robert DeNiro) in, "Ronin" -

Feedback Score
    Part of it is also longstanding issues with perceived medical/mental defects. Having ever been prescribed medication for any mental condition at any time in your life is disqualifying and non-waiverable. Took Ritalin as a kid? DQ'd. Spent a few months on antidepressants because you were getting over a major loss? DQ'd. The stupid thing is, you can be put on the same medication while you're in the military that would, had you taken it prior to enlistment, would have disqualified you. Considering how prevalent medication use is these days, if they were a bit more lax on that, they might be able to get a few more people to enlist.
    Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who do not.-Ben Franklin

there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo. And it’s worth fighting for.-Samwise Gamgee

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    This will make everything better.

"Army drops requirement for high school diploma amid recruiting crisis"

https://www.military.com/daily-news/...ng-crisis.html

The Army is tossing its mandate for potential recruits to have a high school diploma or GED certificate to enlist in the service, in one of the most dramatic moves yet in the escalating recruiting crisis hitting the entire Defense Department.

On Thursday, the service announced that individuals may enlist without those previously required education certifications if they ship to basic training this fiscal year, which ends Oct. 1.

Recruits must also be at least 18 years old and otherwise qualify for a job in the active-duty Army. They also must score at least a 50 on the Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery, or ASVAB, an SAT-style quiz to measure a potential recruit's academic ability.
    Not saying that a diploma or GED requirement is the standard that sets those worthy apart from the rest, but there's something to be said about not having to pass a standard and then going into an institution that requires standards to be constantly met(doesn't matter anymore).
    "Warriors"

Out of every 100 men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets. Nine are the real fighters and we are lucky to have them for they make the battle. Ah, but the one...one is a Warrior, and he will bring all the others back.

-Heraclitis

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)

Well, we’re bringing back gender-based ACFT standards, and there’s no requirement to actually get a sex-change treatment of any sort after you get changed in DEERS, so…..

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlander Systems View Post
    Welp. There it is.
    It was actually started under Obama, it’s just seen recent expansion. I think DA mandated training on the process down to the lowest level by this fall.

Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    Military has a lot to offer a growing boy. Currently leadership is a failure and can't imagine morale being anything worthy.

It is no longer an option, it's a circus

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by seb5 View Post
    I could have done 26 as an E-8, if I stayed because of my rate I would have almost guaranteed E-9 but I left at 20. I found it distasteful to listen to thier drivel over and over. Drill wekends were spent on a minutae of administrative masturbation. A/T's were less and less about real training vs. useless classes on social engineering and active was about safety vs. mission accomplishment. It was overdue to punch out and I'm glad I served but couldn't reccomend it today. I'm thankful that we have many who desire to serve and appreciate what they all do but my time was up.
    Same here, I punched out at 21 years back in October as an E8 and with successful completion of phase one of the SGM Academy. If I had stayed in I’d have pinned E9 last month. I feel the same way about all as you do.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I think a weakened overall Military is the big picture goal. This isn't incompetence. It's strategy.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast