Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: US Military Misses Recruiting Goals

Feedback Score
    Esprit de corps
    https://youtube.com/shorts/qNMfF2prL24?feature=share

The days of a few good men are gone. Maybe because war has changed. Fighting in the trenches are soon gone with the evolution of computers, satellites, lasers, gps, autonomous weapons, drones. The future is in the hands of the nerds.

Or unconventional war such as China by unloading fentanyl across the borders, psychological warfare with social media and tiktok with beautiful ladies. While they sit back and drink green tea and build pentagon computers.
    Last edited by Backfire; 08-02-22 at 08:23.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Backfire View Post
    Esprit de corps

The days of a few good men are gone. Maybe because war has changed. Fighting in the trenches are soon gone with the evolution of computers, satellites, lasers, gps, autonomous weapons, drones. The future is in the hands of the nerds.

Or unconventional war such as China by unloading fentanyl across the borders, psychological warfare with social media and tiktok with beautiful ladies. While they sit back and drink green tea and build pentagon computers.
    Backfire, I know you were intending sarcasm but that literally is the definition of camaraderie. Embracing the suck and cracking jokes is an innate part of being in the military. The number of times while flying that I and my crew have cracked jokes of a similar type would surprise you. You would know all of this if you had ever served but apparently you were too busy having opinions about things you know nothing about. You were directed by the mods not to post in this thread again; SeriousStudent is not going to be pleased with you.
    "Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats." - H. L. Mencken

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Backfire - you were told in great big bold type to stay out of this thread. Do not ignore instructions from mods or staff, or your next vacation will be permanent.

And by the way, BH321 is correct. You have no idea at all of what you are talking about.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Backfire View Post
    Esprit de corps

Probably a pointless reply, because, well, you're banned, but what exactly do you think that video proves? That's EXACTLY the kind of stuff bored lower enlisted have joked about for years. I know I did, under both Bush and Obama, and I have family that made the same jokes under Trump. That's just military gallows humor. The guys in question are likely out to some poorly explained and planned training exercise or range and are venting their annoyance.
    It's f*****g great, putting holes in people, all the time, and it just puts 'em down mate, they drop like sacks of s**t when they go down with this.
    --British veteran of the Ukraine War, discussing the FN SCAR H.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789