Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Unis Ginex SPP

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Unis Ginex SPP

Anyone use Unis Ginex SPP's? How were they? Any problems?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    We used them before... years back... so that batch may not compare. But they ran fine. We tried them in .223, but the cups weren't thick enough. None failed to fire though.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Thanks, any problems with seating?

They seem to be the cheapest, most available out there right now.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TomMcC View Post

No problems of any kind. I think we shot up 1k of them. Again.. this was a few years back. So no experience with current production.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score

Sometimes waiting for a known quality / familiar item is the better way to go.

Not spending my money being the 'tester' on a product like primers.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DG23 View Post
    Sometimes waiting for a known quality / familiar item is the better way to go.

Not spending my money being the 'tester' on a product like primers.
    I understand that. I prefer Federals, but will use CCI or Winchesters. I'm just trying to get a contingency plan going since I'm running low on primers and the other 3 have been a bit scarce and a bit pricey. If I do get these primers I'll let everyone know how they worked for me.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    With pistol primers, as long as it goes bang reliably I'm good.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    I used several thousand (9mm loads) when they were available locally a year+ ago.
    No problems with them, other than not being Nickle plated (from memory).
    The plated primers run and seat easier in my 650 than non-plated, but they do work.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    I used several thousand (9mm loads) when they were available locally a year+ ago.
    No problems with them, other than not being Nickle plated (from memory).
    The plated primers run and seat easier in my 650 than non-plated, but they do work.
    Thanks.

Feedback Score
    I understand that. I prefer Federals, but will use CCI or Winchesters. I'm just trying to get a contingency plan going since I'm running low on primers and the other 3 have been a bit scarce and a bit pricey. If I do get these primers I'll let everyone know how they worked for me.
    I still have some Federals and CCI SPP's but mostly saving them (especially the Federals) for in case I ever get a pistol someday with a trigger so light it requires something with a primer that soft.

For years now I have run SRP (CCI 400 and similar) in everything calling for small pistol. My reasoning - Why buy a box of this and a box of that when I can just save up for a HUGE box of one type that will work in them all?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast