Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Unis Ginex SPP

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DG23 View Post
    I still have some Federals and CCI SPP's but mostly saving them (especially the Federals) for in case I ever get a pistol someday with a trigger so light it requires something with a primer that soft.

For years now I have run SRP (CCI 400 and similar) in everything calling for small pistol. My reasoning - Why buy a box of this and a box of that when I can just save up for a HUGE box of one type that will work in them all?
    A light mainspring/hammer spring or striker gun will work with the Federal SPPs if they’ll work with anything. The Federal SPPs are known for “soft”/thin cups.
    We used them in 8# Double Action PPC revo’s for that reason.
    The CCI SPPs don’t have that reputation.

I also prefer CCI SRPs for the reason you state.
    A lifetime ago they were our preference for stupid hot .38 Super Major loads. They didn’t exhibit primer “flow back” like most SPPs did. Can only assume this was due to thicker cups.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DG23 View Post
    I still have some Federals and CCI SPP's but mostly saving them (especially the Federals) for in case I ever get a pistol someday with a trigger so light it requires something with a primer that soft.

For years now I have run SRP (CCI 400 and similar) in everything calling for small pistol. My reasoning - Why buy a box of this and a box of that when I can just save up for a HUGE box of one type that will work in them all?
    Funny you should mention all this. I went to the Federal way back when because my M&P 1st gen was a bit sensitive to primer hardness. It could have been a situation where the 1st gen striker geometry wasn't up to snuff and/or I wasn't seating my primers all the way for a long time...or a combination of the two. My wife's G34 never have a prob with my reloads. Now I have a new top end on my 1st gen with a new striker and corrected my primer problem. No more problems. And that's not just with Federals. That's the funny part you mentioned. I found a couple hundred each of CCI 400's and some old (way before the blue boxes) Winchester magnum SPP's. I loaded them up in 9mm and they all worked fine.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TomMcC View Post
    Funny you should mention all this. I went to the Federal way back when because my M&P 1st gen was a bit sensitive to primer hardness.
    But as a reloader and having some experience, you WERE able to tune your ammo to work with the firearm you had...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12