Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Reducing extractor vibration?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Have you tried a hydraulic buffer?

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    I like extractor vibration, it feels good and lets me know the gun is working properly, kind of like the sproing in my buffer tube.
    Forward Ascertainment Group

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Extractor vibration was so bad on one of my bolts that I had to wrap it in bicycle inner tube. Added a little Crisco to the wear surfaces and the problem went away.

Feedback Score
    Yea, these things are real. I got a KAC damper to reduce cam bolt shimmy. They also have gas ring stabilizers to minimize ring shift for more consistent gas flow.

Cmon man! Really?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Anyone remember Auri Car Wax?

Heat up the can in the microwave and drop your bolts in! They'll last forever even if you set them on fire or they fall in deadly hydrochloric acid!

Feedback Score
    I was never under the impression that KAC sells snake oil. I also see no need to “upgrade” any of my stuff, but if they continue to improve their product, I am all for it. Especially if the price doesn’t increase.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Sometimes a product is snake oil, intended to sell things to people who like to buy things.

Sometimes a product targets a combination of variables, conditions, and users that others are unaware of or don't experience.

Either way, this is the AR Tech Discussion sub-forum. Let's get back on that track.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by lfdtom View Post
    Extractor vibration? First time I've heard of this. What exactly is that, if you don't mind me asking?
    Same here, two decades behind dozens of AR's and I've never heard the term. Googling the term, the only thing that comes up funny enough, is this thread.

I am aware of extractor failures (broken claw, etc)but I've personally never had that failure. My OG Bushmaster, my oldest AR(roughly 20 years old) still has the factory extractor with no O-ring. 1000's and 1000's of rounds on that gun.
    Last edited by OutofBatt3ry; 07-03-22 at 13:56.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123