Thread: 7mm PRC?

Feedback Score

7mm PRC?

It's a bit early to know if this cartridge will find a market. It's kind of a crowded field, but would this have any potential military applications?

"So what is 7mm PRC? The SAAMI spec sheet shows us that this certification calls for a 180-grain bullet traveling at 2,950 feet per second. For many hunters out there, this strikes the perfect balance between bullet weight, velocity, and trajectory when paired with high ballistic coefficient bullets. The spec sheet also provided information about the cartridge’s maximum effective range and when comparing it to other cartridges like 6.5 PRC, 7mm Mag, .300 Win Mag, and .308 Winchester, the 7mm PRC has the greatest max effective range at 910-yards versus 6.5 PRC’s 686-yards and 300 Win Mag’s 561-yards (these ranges are determined when the bullet drops below 2,000 fps). Drop at 400-yards is similarly impressive and achieves only an 18.9″ drop at that range compared to .300 Win Mag which has about 26-inches of drop at the same range."

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...c-saami-specs/
    Last edited by Slater; 06-30-22 at 09:41.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    So fukking dumb. I mean... ANYONE who would call 561 the max effective range of 300 win mag is a full blown fukking RETARDATE who doesn't actually shoot these guns.

Pappabear killed his last Elk at 1350 yards. 1000 yards is pretty much a layup shot. These hype bullshit pitches for new miracle cartridges has become about as bad a media news stories. Complete fukktardation.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Haha pretty much that. I shoot that far with 55gr Tula lol. Hornady’s been laying on the hype pretty thick the past few years.
    RLTW

Former Action Guy
    Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    Haha pretty much that. I shoot that far with 55gr Tula lol. Hornady’s been laying on the hype pretty thick the past few years.
    Yeah. I shot 10.5 AR with RDS to 500 yards last weekend in "rice paddy prone". Like 2 hits out of 3 or 4 tries.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v