Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone else still use a shotgun for HD?

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    I have an 870 and a 1301 at my immediate disposal, I'm still reaching for my AR for HD.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    Are you all who use ARs for HD, planning on using ear protection when you shoot inside your house?
    I might think about using one when my can gets here. Been waiting 10 months for the Gov paperwork to be finished. It must be getting close.
    Funny how in this age of instant checks, the Gov takes almost a year to approve a suppressor. WTF?
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Harpoon View Post
    Are you all who use ARs for HD, planning on using ear protection when you shoot inside your house?
    I might think about using one when my can gets here. Been waiting 10 months for the Gov paperwork to be finished. It must be getting close.
    Funny how in this age of instant checks, the Gov takes almost a year to approve a suppressor. WTF?
    My shit wears a can.
    RLTW

Former Action Guy
    Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    My shit wears a can.
    How long was your wait? How long ago was it? Just curious, as I am still waiting.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    This is true. That's why I am familiar with the Mozambique drill.
    If the first hit doesn't splatter them all over the walls, removing meat and bone, the next one is at the genital/pelvic area, And then the head.
    Assuming 7 rounds in the gun you’ve just used 43% of your ammo availability.

I stupidly took a job where I made people who kill people mad. I left quickly but if I hadn’t taken it I wouldn’t worry about capacity so much.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    Assuming 7 rounds in the gun you’ve just used 43% of your ammo availability.

I stupidly took a job where I made people who kill people mad. I left quickly but if I hadn’t taken it I wouldn’t worry about capacity so much.
    I have 5 more rounds in a buttstock carrier. If I run out if ammo, I will run for my Glock 22. It's got the 15 rd mag in it. Should I load up my 22 round mag? Lol
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    How long was your wait? How long ago was it? Just curious, as I am still waiting.
    There’s a full thread on this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    There’s a full thread on this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks, I found it.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Ended up getting rid of my Benelli M1 Super 90. Couldn't imagine a scenario where I would realistically pick it over a suppressed short barreled AR.

OP keep in mind that an 18" shotgun still produces 161 dB, which is pretty much the same as an AR, so you're not gaining anything on that front. There's no question that a single center mass or CNS hit with 12 GA buck is a fight ender, but the low capacity, much slower reloading, slower ROF, and inability to defeat armor compared to an AR are definite shortcomings.
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Feedback Score
    Well shucks now you all got me thinking I should use my AK with a 75 round drum. The highest capacity AR mags I have are only pmag 40 rounders.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast