Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A quarter of Americans open to taking up arms against government, poll says

Feedback Score

A quarter of Americans open to taking up arms against government, poll says

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...nst-government

More than one quarter of US residents feel so estranged from their government that they feel it might “soon be necessary to take up arms” against it, a poll released on Thursday claimed.

This survey of 1,000 registered US voters, published by the University of Chicago’s Institute of Politics (IOP), also revealed that most Americans agree the government is “corrupt and rigged against everyday people like me”.

The data suggests that extreme polarization in US politics – and its impact on Americans’ relationships with each other – remain strong. These statistics come as a congressional committee is holding public hearings on the January 6 insurrection.
    Religion is doing what you are told no matter what is right. Morality is doing what is right no matter what you are told...

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    I'll bet more than half of that 25% are leftists who hate guns, etc.

Some truth though. The US government is not working for YOU, unless you are a billionaire, regardless of whether you think you're left or right. Most of the culture war is just a distraction. I'm not saying that issues like abortion and sex-changing kids are not important - they are - but that they are not important to the people pushing them hardest. Those people are using them as distractions to preserve and increase their power.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Is that all?
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Straight Shooter View Post
    Is that all?
    3f2.jpeg
    Religion is doing what you are told no matter what is right. Morality is doing what is right no matter what you are told...

Feedback Score
    Is that all?
    No Shit!

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I question a poll like this. If I'm asked this question I'm not answering no matter how I feel, feeling like it's some sort of trick to get me incarcerated.

Feedback Score
    So only 37% of these people in the poll even own guns. Are they going to fight the Gov with bats and pitchforks?
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Is that all?
    Willing to admit it out load.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ryr8828 View Post
    I question a poll like this. If I'm asked this question I'm not answering no matter how I feel, feeling like it's some sort of trick to get me incarcerated.
    That is EXACTLY the point I was about to type! With the FBI and it's NSA-level tech assets (and being the Sword and Shield of the Party after all) something like that "poll" would make me terminate the call immediately.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    More Putin propaganda to sow mistrust of the US Government…

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast