Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Handguns have become boring

Feedback Score

Handguns have become boring

I am totally committed to the Leighi Defense 68 grain bullet as loaded by Underwood in both 9mm and if they ever make it again in 357 sig.

I understand that anything near 2000fps has broken new ground and if the 357 sig ever comes back it will out of an 8inch AR hit 2300fps.

But this has led me to my problem. My current gun is my old Glock model 34 with a 6inch barrel, with a Overwatch flat trigger and trigger bar. The trigger is as good as it can get for a carry gun.

But damn, it is a Glock, which just has no soul.

I have been looking to try and get a replacement pistol and nothing is out there that floats my boat and that I could put a 6 inch barrel in.

I guess I am not a striker fired fan

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Maybe Nighthawk would make you a long slide in 357 Sig if you threw a sack of money at them.

6" Shadow Hawk in 357 with an RMR would be pretty sweet, and would definitely have more soul than a plastic fantastic.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    All guns have gotten boring.

I literally cannot go into any gun store and find a gun I want to buy (unless it is the $14,000 M249S on display or something ridiculous like that) I can go in with $2000 burning a hole in my pocket and all I see are baby blue Glock 43s or some $200 handgun I’ve never heard of. Savage Axis rifles and mim filled 870s.

2005-2014~ was the hay day. The mag ban expired so handgun makers weren’t trying to base their entire line up around a gun that was just big enough. The AWB sunset coupled with GWOT caused a whole new genre of long gun sales that weren’t based on antiquated soldier of fortune magazines. Companies invested in innovation to stand out.

Now you couldnt avoid some random garage built AR manufacturer hanging on the shelf if you tried.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Boring unless you happen to be OLIAR15. His guns are anything but boring.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I’ve never shot a 1911 or 2011 but I’ve been drooling over the staccato xc for a month I almost went there two days ago. I’m also very excited for the fmg9 coming out. Other than that what seems boring to me as the lack of innovation. Everyone is making a Glock or Glock like pistol. In know that’s not true but it just seems so. The Hudson 9 was interesting, the Maxim 9 was cool. I actually own a Maxim but the trigger sucks.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    If you live in a place like California, and then visit Nevada, Arizona or someplace like that, they don't seem so boring.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TomMcC View Post
    If you live in a place like California, and then visit Nevada, Arizona or someplace like that, they don't seem so boring.
    Tom, that is a lot of truth in what you said.

But even with that, it seems that everything is like a Glock, or it just doesn't meet what I want. I also have tried to see if some people could do custom work so I could get what I want and the answer has been no. I haven't got one yes and here is the cost a duffel bag full of cash, just no.

Such is life.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Guns are guns. None of them have a soul and they’re all boring on their own.

The fun part about guns is being around people. Some of my best range days I barely even shoot because I’m talking or helping people more than shooting.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 17K View Post
    Guns are guns. None of them have a soul and they’re all boring on their own.

The fun part about guns is being around people. Some of my best range days I barely even shoot because I’m talking or helping people more than shooting.
    I hate people, and people generally hate me.

Some of my best range dares are when I talk to nobody at all...
    Why do the loudest do the least?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Yoni, I know exactly what you mean.

I think I have the Glocks I want and need. I have a few metal SIGs and have no desire for plastic 320s.

I shot the Staccato-P and thought, "Meh" -- maybe because I have a .45 2011 I torture.

Have you considered building a 6-inch 9mm (or 357 SIG) 2011? Maybe half-a-dozen outfits make aluminum frames now. I don't know the case feeding geometry for the 357, but I'll bet it'll work in a 2011.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast