Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Handguns have become boring

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MegademiC View Post
    So I want a 10 shot 2" group at 25yds in 2 sec. Thats my driver. Ive done it slow.

Ymmv, but for me - not boring, if it ever is, ill upgrade to something nicer.
    You are talking about a skill set, which of course self improvement is never boring.

I just find the object of a handgun has become boring. Very little innovation and creativity in design of pistols for the last decade or so. We have had some people try like the Alien but it is a competition pistol only.

Feedback Score
    So what? I dont think you will get exciting and practical. They are almost opposites.

Its like complaining vehicles are boring, but youll only consider something that can carry the family and gets good gas milage.

Besides using plastic and putting rds on top, what improvements have there been in the last 100years?
    Last edited by MegademiC; 07-25-22 at 05:42.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by yoni View Post
    I have also ordered a KKM barrel but got the 357sig for the model 24, My Glock 35 is going to wear a 6inch barrel, Leupold Delta Micro, grip has been made flat, Overwatch poly DAT trigger and connector. The texture on the grip will be from jb weld mixed with Israeli beach sand, then finished in OD green.

I also have a bunch of Underwood on the way.
    How do you like the Overwatch Trigger .....I keep debating on one for my Gen5 19

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pag23 View Post
    How do you like the Overwatch Trigger .....I keep debating on one for my Gen5 19
    I bought one to try it and liked it so much that a second one now is in my Glock 35. I basically have 2 pistols that are clones except for caliber, a 34 in 9mm and a 35 in 357SIG and 9mm. The Glock 34 has stayed black for the color of the frame and the 35 is OD green. Both use Leopold Delta Micro red dots, both have the same trigger, trigger bar, connect, trigger return spring, both have grip texture of epoxy mixed with Israeli beach sand, both have the Glock hump removed. As soon as KKM delivers the new 6" barrel in 357 sig, both will sport 6" barrels one from Lone Wolf and then the KKM.
    Last edited by yoni; 07-27-22 at 04:18.

Feedback Score
    I just picked up a present from a friend a CZ P10F Competition.

I have not shot it yet, but this is not a boring pistol. It fits my hand like no other pistol, the trigger is beyond belief. The triggers in my Glock 34 and 35 I thought were pretty darn good, this is better.

All I can say is WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by yoni View Post
    I just picked up a present from a friend a CZ P10F Competition.

I have not shot it yet, but this is not a boring pistol. It fits my hand like no other pistol, the trigger is beyond belief. The triggers in my Glock 34 and 35 I thought were pretty darn good, this is better.

All I can say is WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!
    On that note, I've been getting more and more intrigued with the P10C. I have a G19 Gen5 as my EDC/bedside gun, and I like it well enough. But like you, I was very impressed with the P10's trigger. Plus, a lot of G19 holsters apparently fit the P10, and I looked up and confirmed that the ones I have for my Glock are among the ones that reportedly fit the P10C perfectly.

I know when it came out 5 years ago, LAV was less than impressed with it then, but Garand Thumb loved it. What are some of the thoughts here on the quality of the P10C these days? Is it worth adding to the collection?
    Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who do not.-Ben Franklin

there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo. And it’s worth fighting for.-Samwise Gamgee

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BoringGuy45 View Post
    On that note, I've been getting more and more intrigued with the P10C. I have a G19 Gen5 as my EDC/bedside gun, and I like it well enough. But like you, I was very impressed with the P10's trigger. Plus, a lot of G19 holsters apparently fit the P10, and I looked up and confirmed that the ones I have for my Glock are among the ones that reportedly fit the P10C perfectly.

I know when it came out 5 years ago, LAV was less than impressed with it then, but Garand Thumb loved it. What are some of the thoughts here on the quality of the P10C these days? Is it worth adding to the collection?
    I’ve never owned Glocks but I’m impressed by the latest P10-C. I had the first gen with ambi mag release and it’s collecting dust. The mag release was about the only issue for me which has since been changed to a reversible style.

It’s a good alternative to quite a few options and comes in a lot cheaper. I just got the optic ready LE model with three mags and night sights for less than $500.

It’s not perfect but most people could easily run it without having to change anything unlike the Glock. Especially the trigger.

The slide catch/release is stiff but I don’t use it as a release anyway. The grip is a little harsh for me if I were carrying it but there’s talon or other grips for that.

Feedback Score
    As most here know I have built a pair of Glocks one in 9mm and the other in 357 sig. These are my carry guns, they have not been made pretty but they have been made functional and meet the mission.

The CZ P10F competition is better feeling in my hand right out of the box, and the trigger is better than triggers I did in my Glocks. It is the first poly framed gun that I like the way it looks and I am going to send the slide out for some cut away action to show off the gold barrel even more. Which I never thought I would do.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Have you fired it yet and what are your impressions?
    Toda raba!

Mark (Mordechai)

Feedback Score
    Mordechai

I am on a business trip, so I have not fired it yet. I will give a report after I do.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast