Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Handguns have become boring

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlander Systems View Post
    B&T is the only company in 2022 that is making guns that aren’t lame as ****.

Don’t @ me.
    Amen brother

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Its boring because we are basically at the apex of defensive handgun design - the "easy button" is too big.

If 6" pistols sold, manufacturers would make them.

Andy
    Last edited by AndyLate; 07-04-22 at 07:20.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by yoni View Post
    I am totally committed to the Leighi Defense 68 grain bullet as loaded by Underwood in both 9mm and if they ever make it again in 357 sig.

I understand that anything near 2000fps has broken new ground and if the 357 sig ever comes back it will out of an 8inch AR hit 2300fps.

But this has led me to my problem. My current gun is my old Glock model 34 with a 6inch barrel, with a Overwatch flat trigger and trigger bar. The trigger is as good as it can get for a carry gun.

But damn, it is a Glock, which just has no soul.

I have been looking to try and get a replacement pistol and nothing is out there that floats my boat and that I could put a 6 inch barrel in.

I guess I am not a striker fired fan
    Have you tried the HK Vp9?

Always wondered why no one offers a .357 Mag CCP. That's the rnd that gets the most benefits from a longer barrel and it's really moving when fired from a longer barrel, where as say the .357 Sig intentionally optimized for the shorter barrels and benefits.

"On paper" I'd take a .357 CCP mag over any other pistol rnd in typical duty loads from the numbers I have seen.

As you know, also quite interested in those Leighi Defense / Underwood bullets per thread I had started a while back you had posted in also. I have to wonder what Leighi Defense / Underwood bullets in .357 Mag from a CCP would achieve, but it would be well north of 2k FPS to be sure, maybe even 2.5k+. How would that translate into terminal ballistics on target, I can't say.
    Last edited by WillBrink; 07-04-22 at 10:50.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    The HK VP9 is like a Gen10 Glock that you can buy today.

Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    Have you tried the HK Vp9?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Really looks like a Walther P99/PPQ.

[IMG]https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/cf/HK-SFP9_LSH.JPG
    [/IMG]

Which is not a bad thing, I have both and they are my sweet spot.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    No arguments from me... To me, best out of the box double stack polymer wonder pistol that I have tried/owned. Perfect no, nothing is, but it's close, with the caveat I have not shot every double stack polymer wonder pistol that exists, but I have shot all the majors. I think M&P gen2 with Apex kit, darn close second.

Quote Originally Posted by pinzgauer View Post
    Really looks like a Walther P99/PPQ.

Which is not a bad thing, I have both and they are my sweet spot.
    Similar guns, with some differences. Some prefer the PPQ, some prefer the Vp9.

VP9 seems far more common and has more model options.
    Last edited by WillBrink; 07-04-22 at 10:46.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    100%. The way the optics plates interface with the slide are so far beyond every other solution it’s almost comical. The stock trigger is excellent, the controls aren’t made for ants and the grip is absolutely phenomenal. Bonus points for paddle release.

Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    best out of the box double stack polymer wonder pistol

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    100%. The way the optics plates interface with the slide are so far beyond every other solution it’s almost comical. The stock trigger is excellent, the controls aren’t made for ants and the grip is absolutely phenomenal. Bonus points for paddle release.
    There's a number of after market options that exist will take the gun to a level nothing can touch, but it does not need anything out of the box.

For me, only criticism is the location and size of the slide release. As LAV noted in his vid on the gun for which he had nothing but good things to say, those who are long time 1911 shooters may find themselves riding that slide stop, and I do. I wish someone would offer an after market slide stop that made it more prominent, or what ever that would solve that issue. Many have said similar in the past and no amount of grip grab work etc changes it, at least not for me. It can occasionally result in failure to lock back on the last rnd of a mag, but nothing worse then that, so not a show stopper for me as my chances of needing to do a mag reload as a civi are close to zero and just above zero is the number civi events that went beyond the rnd count of the VP9. I'm realistic and pragmatic about such things. Your et al mileage may vary...

If I was an LEO, etc, that would be a very different matter as to how concerned I would be about occasionally riding the slide stop on an otherwise A+ pistol.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ST911 View Post
    Style points, for sure. I'm thinking dump-pouch, maybe loops instead of a speedloader.
    I highly recommend a new Colt King Cobra or new Python. They have great triggers and can use Safariland speed loaders.

Have you checked out the new Beretta 92X G RDO? That's just over a 5 inch barrel IIRC. My 4.25 in Centurion eats those Underwood 68 gr Lehighs just fine and to the same POI as typical 115 / 124 gr bullets.

But if you really want that extra velocity of .357 sig and a long barrel in a steel gun then as mentioned I think that's going to mean an expensive, custom 1911 / 2011 gun.

Feedback Score
    Which gun is that?

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast