Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Handguns have become boring

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan_B View Post
    Since we all prefer pictures to words

Sooo, is that a 9 million dollar gun? Looks nice AF.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by yoni View Post
    The Alien is very cool, but it is a gun for games. If I remember correctly Vickers has one and it will not feed hollowpoints.

The Atlas is also a nice gun, but it doesn't meet my criteria for barrel length.

But thanks for your input I really appreciate it.

Maybe I need to carry a SW model 10 with round nose 38, for a while. Then all semi autos will look good again.
    Have you looked at the FK BRNO Field Pistol? It is very expensive but I bet it could be made to do what you want. It is a 7.5 cartridge based off of 10mm. You can get 10mm barrels, and a kit for shooting 9mm +p. If you can get a 9mm barrel I don't see why the chamber could not be reamed out for 357 sig. You may also be able to locate the barrel maker and get a barrel that has not been chambered.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    Sooo, is that a 9 million dollar gun? Looks nice AF.

PB
    I guess it’s worth a lot less now—even more less to those big savvy collectors with royalty safes :—)

Even with near irreplaceable SD rounds, it feel great to shoot. My best shooting handgun for sure.

For me, it’s just smooth and beautiful. That combination even gets my Dearest’s approval, so yes to me is worth millions.
    Last edited by Dan_B; 07-20-22 at 15:50.
    Cheers,

—Dan @ MN

Feedback Score
    I want to thank everyone for the suggestions.

But nothing really got me excited.

Everything is old, everything is new, but where is the innovation?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I want to thank everyone for the suggestions.

But nothing really got me excited.

Everything is old, everything is new, but where is the innovation?
    But Yoni, boring is good! It means the big problems are solved and our Glocks (or equivalents) are nearly optimal. Pliers and screwdrivers are boring. You don't think about a pair of pliers; they just work.

I have fun guns. Smith 629 I load for. 10mm. 1911s. These aren't boring. But on the street, G19.
    Last edited by Univibe; 07-21-22 at 02:47.

Feedback Score
    Those 68 gr. Underwood Extreme Defenders in .357 Sig are back in stock. A Glock 35 with a KKM .357 Sig barrel will do about 2300 fps which is rifle territory. My G35 slide is off to get milled for an RMR. A nice custom holster to accommodate a TLR1 and the whole package will be carried daily. A rifle on my hip, nothing boring about that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Feedback Score
    I have also ordered a KKM barrel but got the 357sig for the model 24, My Glock 35 is going to wear a 6inch barrel, Leupold Delta Micro, grip has been made flat, Overwatch poly DAT trigger and connector. The texture on the grip will be from jb weld mixed with Israeli beach sand, then finished in OD green.

I also have a bunch of Underwood on the way.
    Last edited by yoni; 07-24-22 at 13:55.

Feedback Score
    Shift the focus to target grouping. Tight groups are invigorating.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Linebacker View Post
    Shift the focus to target grouping. Tight groups are invigorating.
    I am more rifle oriented on tight groups. Not saying I want to spray a target with pistol rounds, so it looks like I shot a shotgun at it. I had a friend that shot pistols in the Olympics, he got as giddy as a little girl over tight groups.

Feedback Score
    I am more rifle oriented on tight groups. Not saying I want to spray a target with pistol rounds, so it looks like I shot a shotgun at it. I had a friend that shot pistols in the Olympics, he got as giddy as a little girl over tight groups.
    So I want a 10 shot 2" group at 25yds in 2 sec. Thats my driver. Ive done it slow.

Ymmv, but for me - not boring, if it ever is, ill upgrade to something nicer.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast