Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
All guns have gotten boring.

I literally cannot go into any gun store and find a gun I want to buy (unless it is the $14,000 M249S on display or something ridiculous like that) I can go in with $2000 burning a hole in my pocket and all I see are baby blue Glock 43s or some $200 handgun I’ve never heard of. Savage Axis rifles and mim filled 870s.

2005-2014~ was the hay day. The mag ban expired so handgun makers weren’t trying to base their entire line up around a gun that was just big enough. The AWB sunset coupled with GWOT caused a whole new genre of long gun sales that weren’t based on antiquated soldier of fortune magazines. Companies invested in innovation to stand out.

Now you couldnt avoid some random garage built AR manufacturer hanging on the shelf if you tried.
You know, I used to get excited "looking" at guns. But then I really started to redefine why I own them. What their purpose was/is. My guns... are working guns. Not heirloom pieces or safe queens. I got out of the 1911 game.... sold off some high end 1911s and all the accessories... and bought more working guns, ammo, gear, parts, and training. What now "excites" me about a gun.. is what I can do with it. That is what gets me going now. But... to each his/her own.