Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: The "Good Old Days" Paradox...

Feedback Score
    If I could turn back the clock, I'd definitely buy that Colt SP-1 I saw on the rack at Montgomery Ward's. Hell, even the sporting goods store in the mall had an HK-91.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slater View Post
    I grew up in Tennessee (Giles county). Back in the 1960's/70's I can recall stores being closed on Thursdays and Sundays.
    I am aware of Sunday laws(although a little before my time), but what was Thursday about?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jsbhike View Post
    I am aware of Sunday laws(although a little before my time), but what was Thursday about?
    I grew up & live now in an adjoining county to Giles..Lincoln..and I too remember this. i still dont know why Thursday, either.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jsbhike View Post
    To echo Straight Shooter, I never what that was all about. Presumably that's changed nowadays.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by OutofBatt3ry View Post
    My life has spanned 5 decades (not 50, but you get it)

Never has it been this bad. Maybe in the 30's? My grandparents told me about hunting gofers and guinea pigs(I suppose if you're hungry enough, anything is better than nothing) for food. It wouldn't surprise me if I get to see my kids/grandkids do that in my lifetime. Good times...not really.
    Dude seriously ??? Sorry, but despite the price of gas, higher grocery prices, things are NOT that bad, unless you are completely destitute and homeless. Given that you are posting, safe guess you have a computer and internet access, and a reasonable grocery store nearby so you can skip hunting gophers.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I told my Son that he needed to enjoy every minute of High School and College. I believe I told him that he needed to work his ass off but understand life changes quickly later.
    I believe I told him before you know it people who were your peers start dying.
    I'm OCONUS right now in the Far East.
    I got a text yesterday telling me how right I was and that a good friend of his, who might be a Dad at any moment is being taken off life support and will never meet his Son.
    The good old days...
    Last edited by Averageman; 07-06-22 at 23:19.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345