Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Terminal List

Feedback Score
    I was sure it was going to suck. I watched it all in one sitting. Good times.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gunnerblue View Post
    Jack Carr is a former SEAL himself.

I had to look up SARC as I've never heard of that one before, very interesting.
    Explains the little inside glimpses of NSW.

Recon: twice the action with a quarter of the publicity lol. SARCs get even less attention, which is fine.

FWIW, SARCs are no longer, all recon and MARSOC corpsmen are now SOIDCs (special operations independent duty corpsmen).

Re: Carr, goes to show, write what you know.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckman View Post
    My best friend from the Navy was a SEAL; he's retired now, and one of only a handful I can stand being around (when we were corpsmen together he went NSW, I went SARC). I was texting all the 'inside' trivia about the westie SEALs, which was cool. Apparently Carr is quite the SEALophile/groupie.

I just started episode 5. I have not read the books, but I have enjoyed the series. Clever writing, not knowing what is in his head, what is real, and what is conspiracy, unfolding as the story goes along.
    A very large tip of the Stetson to you, good sir. As a recovering crayon-eater, I hold SARC's in very high regard. Thank you.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Watched it. Enjoyed it. Not too many real complaints. The battle odds were a little hard to swallow at times, but hey, it's a movie.

The $200,000+ Revzani urban tank vehicles were pretty damn cool.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    A very large tip of the Stetson to you, good sir. As a recovering crayon-eater, I hold SARC's in very high regard. Thank you.
    Thanks, I appreciate it. I did it for two reasons: it was either try out for that or go to FSSG, and I got paid to go diving. Seriously, it was a very cool gig. I loved my Marines (but that was true in all of my billets, and I did the Trifecta of FSSG, combat arms, and air wing).

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I binged it last weekend as it is good enough to do so I don't mind some of the changes.

The BCM display was interesting....but understandable if he used his own rifle vs one from his work gear...

Feedback Score
    It was decent, I also didn't mind some changes but the ending wasn't intense as the book was, honestly I liked the part where Jack Carr got off'd by his own character
    Last edited by Hank6046; 07-06-22 at 07:52.
    Dr. Carter G. Woodson, “History shows that it does not matter who is in power or what revolutionary forces take over the government, those who have not learned to do for themselves and have to depend solely on others never obtain any more rights or privileges in the end than they had in the beginning.”

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    TV crticics have slammed Chris Pratt's new 'anti-woke' action series The Terminal List - but the fast-paced thriller has gone down a treat with viewers.

Only 37% of critics have given The Terminal List a positive review, according to Rotten Tomatoes, but a massive 93% of viewers approve of the show, with most giving it a five-star rating.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Just finished it. Left sad and a bit bothered, both because of the pain he was in from his family, but also the twist with his BFF in the closing minutes. I hope there is a season 2.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckman View Post
    Just finished it. Left sad and a bit bothered, both because of the pain he was in from his family, but also the twist with his BFF in the closing minutes. I hope there is a season 2.
    Same twist was in the book just done a bit differently. The show partially redeemed Ben (yes he approved the killing of the SEALs, when the family was taken out he did everything he could to help Reece paint his masterpiece) where the book really didn’t. The continuation is there in the books, Reece sails to Africa and works as a guide for several months with the family of a former SEAL buddy and it gets nasty again

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast