Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Sentient AI?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

The Sentient AI?

You have probably heard about this, but the interview is very interesting, and what's obvious is dude has SME level knowledge of the topic vs some rando trying to get attention:

- Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    Religion is doing what you are told no matter what is right. Morality is doing what is right no matter what you are told...

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    Well......... Here t comes.......

In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Nope, he's educated himself into being an idiot. It's a machine programmed by humans. There is a fundamental and unbridgeable huge gap between "us" and machines. It's just hubris on his part to think that he has helped create something that is sentient.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TomMcC View Post
    Nope, he's educated himself into being an idiot. It's a machine programmed by humans. There is a fundamental and unbridgeable huge gap between "us" and machines. It's just hubris on his part to think that he has helped create something that is sentient.
    An artificial intelligence program has developed its own language and no one can understand it.

https://nypost.com/2022/06/03/artifi...eepy-language/
    Religion is doing what you are told no matter what is right. Morality is doing what is right no matter what you are told...

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tn1911 View Post
    An artificial intelligence program has developed its own language and no one can understand it.

https://nypost.com/2022/06/03/artifi...eepy-language/
    The obvious question then is it really a language if they can't understand it.

The second question is, is that just a function of it's programming?

And thirdly, do you think that this MACHINE is somehow sentient like you are sentient? Do you think that this MACHINE is somehow alive?

Feedback Score
    The obvious question then is it really a language if they can't understand it.

The second question is, is that just a function of it's programming?

And thirdly, do you think that this MACHINE is somehow sentient like you are sentient? Do you think that this MACHINE is somehow alive?
    Sure, why not... considering there are around 10 or so ancient languages that we still can't decipher I don't see why an AI couldn't create a language we can't understand.

AI by design is programed to evolve, so yeah I guess you could say that on a very basic level of understanding. But I think you are oversimplifying it to fit your argument.

Do I think AI is sentient? Probably not, we're still a ways off for AI to become self-aware. But do I think it will happen? Yes, absolutely.
    Last edited by tn1911; 07-01-22 at 14:49.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    There's no reason at all to make such a conclusion and sentient minds based on chips vs cells is a when, not if proposition.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    There's no reason at all to make such a conclusion and sentient minds based on chips vs cells is a when, not if proposition.
    Like one person said...Our minds work at light speed, computers lag far far behind and can't catch up. It's pure science fiction.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Like one person said...Our minds work at light speed,
    Who ever said that has no clue what they are talking about. Ugh.

computers lag far far behind and can't catch up. It's pure science fiction.
    Dude, you really have no idea what you're talking about and computers can process info at rates we can't even dream of. Speed is not their problem and are getting faster, and quantum computers make all others look like slow junk and are a reality. That some willing to comment in such dogmatic ways without spending one researching the topic, and call those who spend their entire adults lives researching the topic, is just not cool at all. Like telling LAV he does not know chit about guns or something. Worse really as guns not an iota as complex as AI. It will happen period. The Q is always should it? As always it will happen whether it should or should not. Learning is good:

https://www.crucial.com/blog/technol...-to-a-computer

All that will not even be close match very shortly...

One amazing aspect of Dune, among many, is that in the far future, computers are banned as once sentient, attempted to kill off humanity.
    Last edited by WillBrink; 07-01-22 at 15:34.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast