Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Active Military & The Jab

Feedback Score

Active Military & The Jab

Any active mil here know the latest on the jab? Are they forcing guys out if they don't get it?
    You won't outvote the corruption.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    The National Guard and Reserve has not separated anyone over the vaccine yet, supposedly, but could not pay any unvaxxed members after June 30th.

I believe the active services have already discharged most or all unvaccinated service members who did not receive waivers.

A cynical person would think the Guard and Reserve want to keep the unvaxxed troops on the books to continue to get funding for each one, even though they cannot attend drills or be activated.

At least 10% of Guard/Reserve are not fully vaccinated and recruiting goals are not being met. Lets go Brandon!

Andy
    Last edited by AndyLate; 07-03-22 at 06:05.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Active Army starting separating refusals months ago. The process for exemptions was going very slowly last I heard. Also interestingly, boosters really haven’t been mentioned (unless it came up in the last month since I’ve been on leave) which made it seem like being “current” wasn’t as big of a deal as just checking the block.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I can speak to the NG portion of this statement, at least where Oklahoma is concerned. We just returned from annual training last month, and took all unvaccinated members with us. When we assemble for July, unvaccinated members are not allowed to be part of our formation. They will be separated from service (General Discharge, I think) and that will be the end of that. Anyone who has had the 1st shot, but not the second will be allowed to return, but are required to to get the 2nd in very short order. If they did the one and done shot, then all is good. I have heard zero scuttlebutt about boosters.

Quote Originally Posted by AndyLate View Post
    The National Guard and Reserve has not separated anyone over the vaccine yet, supposedly, but could not pay any unvaxxed members after June 30th.

I believe the active services have already discharged most or all unvaccinated service members who did not receive waivers.

A cynical person would think the Guard and Reserve want to keep the unvaxxed troops on the books to continue to get funding for each one, even though they cannot attend drills or be activated.

At least 10% of Guard/Reserve are not fully vaccinated and recruiting goals are not being met. Lets go Brandon!

Andy

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    Active Army starting separating refusals months ago. The process for exemptions was going very slowly last I heard. Also interestingly, boosters really haven’t been mentioned (unless it came up in the last month since I’ve been on leave) which made it seem like being “current” wasn’t as big of a deal as just checking the block.

Any idea what percentage of the military voluntarily left or was discharged due to the jab requirements?

Or are they keeping that data under wraps?
    You won't outvote the corruption.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)

Active Military & The Jab

Quote Originally Posted by prepare View Post
    Any idea what percentage of the military voluntarily left or was discharged due to the jab requirements?

Or are they keeping that data under wraps?
    Couldn’t tell you but I don’t know that it’s being kept under wraps necessarily. Also from what I saw, there was no voluntary leaving. You either got the vax or were separated under a general discharge (IIRC). Out of my company of 91ish, we had one outright refusal and three that submitted for religious exemption. I initiated separation on the refusal and he should’ve been out by now but I saw him driving on the compound last week so I don’t know what’s going on with him.

The exemptions were submitted before the separation details came out before the CY began I think) and as of May, still hadn’t gotten word back. But in the meantime, lots of privileges were withheld or heavily scrutinized (schools most notably) and at least one of the kids was tired of not being able to go to BLC so he ended up getting the vax instead of waiting for the exemption process to be completed.

These were all E1-E4s.

Last edited by Wake27; 07-03-22 at 10:45.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    A coworker who is Air Force Reserves was recently booted for not getting it.
    C co 1/30th Infantry Regiment
    3rd Brigade 3rd Infantry Division
    2002-2006
    OIF 1 and 3

IraqGunz:
    No dude is going to get shot in the chest at 300 yards and look down and say "What is that, a 3 MOA group?"

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Active as has already been posted have been separating refusals; reserves have started as well, the last to start separations will be NG. The rates of separation aren't measurably material, well under 1% although the NG may differ. It's basically a non-event, right in line with other separation numbers.
    SF

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Its a small percentage, and most aren’t the type that their commanders are losing sleep over. Zero in my company. A couple that I’m familiar with.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    most aren’t the type that their commanders are losing sleep over.
    Very true. Now if religious exemptions are denied by a large percentage, that may change a bit, but I wouldn’t be surprised if most of the ones worth keeping decide to get it then.

Sic semper tyrannis.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast