Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: EOTECH Vudu 1-10x28 Fails!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Love mine. Use it primarily as “DM” style optic and run it in Quantified Performance/precision orientated matches. Basically for me it’s an MPVO with great 1x optics, yes, reticle at 1x could be more useable…but fov and glass at 1x are great. I’m rarely there anyway, much more use at 8+
    Last edited by sidewaysil80; 05-23-23 at 06:02.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sidewaysil80 View Post
    Love mine. Use it primarily as “DM” style optic and run it in Quantified Performance/precision orientated matches. Basically for me it’s an MPVO with great 1x optics, yes, reticle at 1x could be more useable…but fov and glass at 1x are great. I’m rarely there anyway, much more use at 8+
    That's I think what most makers are putting out. Optics with the intended uses up at the higher end as opposed to scopes that are meant to spend most of their time at 1 or 2x.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by turnburglar View Post
    Based on a lot of the replies in this thread, it is obvious to me that some of you could use a really fast a dirty way to look at a spec sheet and even compare optics to each other.

The quality we are trying to empirically judge is the 'eye box' (its actually shaped like a double ended cone, but whatever). This is referring to the useable amount of space that the eyeball has a useful sight picture. On variable power optics the eye box will shrink as magnification increases. Most manufactures list the specs of their scopes, but you will notice nothing is actually listed on their website as an "eye box". The most useful specification that correlates to an 'eye box' is actually called the exit pupil. In our circumstances the larger the exit pupil, the larger the eye box feels. Other useful specifications that tell us a lot about an optic is the Field of view, and lastly eye relief. FOV is important as it controls how wide the optic can actually cover. Optics with a smaller FOV feel like looking through a paper towel roll, where as optics with a large FOV feel like you cant see the edges of the bezel.

Let's compare two well known optics empirically and see if the numbers back up the user experience.

Vortex Razor Gen 2: 1 - 6

Exit pupil: 24mm - 4mm

FOV: 115 - 20.5

Night Force Nx8: 1-8

Exit pupil: 7.9mm - 3mm

FOV: 106 - 13

As you can see at the 1x the Razor almost has triple the exit pupil of the Nx8. The Razor also has a wider field of view. This is synonymous with user experiences of:

"Razor 2 has a huge eye box!"

"Nx8 has a tiny eye box and is like looking through a tube"

Using the manufactures given numbers for Exit pupil and FOV you can even compare Lpvo's to other scopes. If one wanted too they could compare any number of optics on a spread sheet and have a very good idea of how the eye box will feel between two different models. You will QUICKLY see why serious shooters are scaling away from LPVO's when you start comparing optics in this way. The main benefit to this approach is that you dont actually have to spend the money or borrow an optic to find out you dont like the eye box. Too many of you think spending more money will somehow bend physics.
    Don't want to take away from any of your points, but I do have a correction. The exit pupil for the Razor can not be 24mm at 1x. 24mm is the size of the objective lens.
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by georgeib View Post
    Don't want to take away from any of your points, but I do have a correction. The exit pupil for the Razor can not be 24mm at 1x. 24mm is the size of the objective lens.
    24mm is mathematically correct, but I wonder how the Nx8 7.9 exit pupil was calculated.

Andy

Feedback Score
    So no time with the VUDU 1-10x, but I was just shooting on my Razor 1-10x on my AR10 over the weekend, and while it did take me a moment to adjust my head to the correct eye relief I was on and had no issues. I do agree with the Brassfacts video posted above that 1-10x's definitely have their compromises and quirks, but once you train on them they can do a lot for you. They are by no means perfect and sometimes I do want a 3-15x or 3-18x, but I keep it for the 1x which is really nice.
    Dr. Carter G. Woodson, “History shows that it does not matter who is in power or what revolutionary forces take over the government, those who have not learned to do for themselves and have to depend solely on others never obtain any more rights or privileges in the end than they had in the beginning.”

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    nawai

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by themonk View Post
    Pretty much my experience with this optic especially since Im running it against 2 Razor 1-10x's for comparison, this scope is pretty much on par with the Razor with the exception of the daylight bright reticle. Not a surprise since having the Vudu 1-10x next to the Razor 1-10x new with box and all, you can tell they came out of the same factory, have pretty much the same glass quality and are using the same lens ratios.

Not much to say over SupersetCA other than the Vudu is basically a discounted Razor 1-10x and thats not an insult considering I paid just under $1500 for one and Im pretty much getting the same capability as the Razor gen 3.
    Last edited by vicious_cb; 05-25-23 at 02:28.
    Forward Ascertainment Group

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234