Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: IRS buys $725,000 worth of ammo

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Lots of good examples here of something I have said for a very long time. We need fewer guns in the hands of the .gov and the number of enforcement agencies needs to be reduced and centralized. If they were running a business, they'd have had to make such cuts long ago. But they have an infinitely elastic budget.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tn1911 View Post
    Isn’t this something similar that happened during the Osama administration when it was discovered that agencies like the post office and the social security administration was buying up millions of rounds of ammo for no apparent reason?
    First saw this mentioned in the 1990's.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HKGuns View Post
    Lots of good examples here of something I have said for a very long time. We need fewer guns in the hands of the .gov and the number of enforcement agencies needs to be reduced and centralized. If they were running a business, they'd have had to make such cuts long ago. But they have an infinitely elastic budget.
    Bingo, this is it.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyLate View Post
    This thread (and the many like it) should highlight just how inefficient it is for all these agencies to have their own enforcement/security entities. Every one needs a managment chain, support personnel, legal team, etc.

Even if they buy weapons and ammunition under a single IDIQ contract, they each have to manage the purchase, storage, and disposal.

Its incredibly wasteful compared to having all enforcement/security under a single agency.

Andy
    Limited number of US Marshalls and county sheriffs should be roughly the upper limit.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HKGuns View Post
    Very much so, and the answer to 9/11? Add another big fed org. I don't want to cost people their living, and I have a lot of respect for the good guys doing hard jobs, but why for example does the ATF even exist anymore? The problem becomes to justify budgets and their existence, they have to come up with things to do, and those "things" often not in the best interest nor of any benefits to US Citizens.

Look at the (failed) War On Drugs? One reason it can't go away is it employed too many people and orgs at this point, either directly or indirectly. Everyone knows it's a failed "war" and I'm not aware of any metric to indicate otherwise, yet it's biz as usual and any Qs about that gets you labelled "soft on crime" or what ever.

We spend about $50 billion per year, drugs interdiction , and by the most optimistic numbers, less than 10% illicit drugs stopped. Others say it's a lot lower then that. Then we have the corporate run prison systems that feed off that, but that's another story...
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    Very much so, and the answer to 9/11? Add another big fed org. I don't want to cost people their living, and I have a lot of respect for the good guys doing hard jobs, but why for example does the ATF even exist anymore? The problem becomes to justify budgets and their existence, they have to come up with things to do, and those "things" often not in the best interest nor of any benefits to US Citizens.

Look at the (failed) War On Drugs? One reason it can't go away is it employed too many people and orgs at this point, either directly or indirectly. Everyone knows it's a failed "war" and I'm not aware of any metric to indicate otherwise, yet it's biz as usual and any Qs about that gets you labelled "soft on crime" or what ever.

We spend about $50 billion per year, drugs interdiction , and by the most optimistic numbers, less than 10% illicit drugs stopped. Others say it's a lot lower then that. Then we have the corporate run prison systems that feed off that, but that's another story...
    Will get's it.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by murphy j View Post
    Will get's it.
    Dats my job yo.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    Gaetz argues the IRS does not need to be armed in order to collect taxes from Americans.
    irs
    eh... If I was auditing people's tax returns I'd want to be armed. Whether or not the government should supply the gun or ammo is an entirely different matter.

Certainly not a direct comparison... but in some ways Gaetz's remarks reminds me of New York restrictions on gun carry permits that the SC just ruled unconstitutional... You don't 'need' to be armed.

--------

Feb 2022:

NEW YORK (1010 WINS) -- A 31-year-old Brooklyn man was arrested Friday for threatening to murder two IRS agents — once in response to learning his stimulus check was mailed to the wrong address and once because he was frustrated filing taxes, according to federal prosecutors.

Jamel Jackson was at the Taxpayer Assistance Center at MetroTech Center in Downtown Brooklyn on Jan. 10 when he flew into a rage at being told he’d have to wait up to six weeks to get his check.

“I will literally do life in jail for my money! Do you understand that?” he told an IRS agent according to the New York Daily News. “In six weeks ... when I come back, I’m trying to find out where is my money. After that, I’m coming off my hip! You understand?!”

Just months before, on Sept. 2, he allegedly threatened to kill a different IRS agent who was helping him with his taxes.

“I will snap your neck! I kill people! I’m on trial for killing people,” he told the employee in response to a request for tax documents.

He then attempted to remove a pane of glass separating him from the agent before he was removed by security.

Jackson has an open assault case for allegedly attacking an elderly person in Manhattan. He also pleaded guilty to a robbery in 2008.

More here: https://www.audacy.com/1010wins/news...der-irs-agents
    Last edited by ChattanoogaPhil; 07-03-22 at 11:49.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Sheeet! I'm not concerned. The government spends $725,000 on ammo. That's like what, a case or two! Okay, 6 cases.

Feedback Score
    The IRS also purchased enough Beretta 1301’s equipped with Aridus CROMS that Aridus acquired additional floor space and machines to increase production.
    You won't outvote the corruption.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast