Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Active Military & The Jab

Feedback Score
    Wonder if Covid will become part of the battery of vaccinations that recruits receive in Basic?

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slater View Post
    Wonder if Covid will become part of the battery of vaccinations that recruits receive in Basic?
    Pretty sure it already has.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Where I work they're already doing discharges. Brand new E's and O's basically get shown the door, anyone with more time in service gets a discharge board. It's commanders discretion how the discharge is characterized--some are honorable, some are not. While the vaccine is the root cause, a big part of it is that everyone who hasn't had a vaccine and doesn't have a religious/medical exemption is failing to follow a lawful order.
    OEF / OIR / OFS

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TBAR_94 View Post
    Where I work they're already doing discharges. Brand new E's and O's basically get shown the door, anyone with more time in service gets a discharge board. It's commanders discretion how the discharge is characterized--some are honorable, some are not. While the vaccine is the root cause, a big part of it is that everyone who hasn't had a vaccine and doesn't have a religious/medical exemption is failing to follow a lawful order.
    Where is that?

Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    That’s the USAF policy as it was briefed to me. A guy I know had to sit on one of the boards 2 weeks ago.
    OEF / OIR / OFS

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TBAR_94 View Post
    That’s the USAF policy as it was briefed to me. A guy I know had to sit on one of the boards 2 weeks ago.
    Interesting that USAF CDRs have the ability to choose. All of the Army separations are the same chapter.

Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    Very true. Now if religious exemptions are denied by a large percentage, that may change a bit, but I wouldn’t be surprised if most of the ones worth keeping decide to get it then.

We were told. and I quote, "if you do not have a history of requesting religious exemption for vaccination, your chances of getting one for this vaccination isn't zero, but might as well be."

I read somewhere recently, but do not recall where, that out of all the requests for medical exemption, only two had been granted on the active component side. I don't know how accurate that statement is, but I think it would make an interesting comparison of numbers applied for vs granted/declined.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by murphy j View Post
    We were told. and I quote, "if you do not have a history of requesting religious exemption for vaccination, your chances of getting one for this vaccination isn't zero, but might as well be."

I read somewhere recently, but do not recall where, that out of all the requests for medical exemption, only two had been granted on the active component side. I don't know how accurate that statement is, but I think it would make an interesting comparison of numbers applied for vs granted/declined.
    “No religious exemptions have been allowed so far(under our command), and likely none will”, is the word from a senior chaplain when asked about them regarding covid vaccine. The ruling word seems to be for example: if a religious leadership,(like the pope), says it isn’t a problem and Catholics should get it; no catholic can refuse it on a religious exemption basis. Even if the whole stem cell produced vaccine would counter their strictest belief.

I don’t know the number of refusals, but the number of religious exemptions was about 2k SM*.

*I have no data on what ranks or their standing in their formations.
    "Warriors"

Out of every 100 men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets. Nine are the real fighters and we are lucky to have them for they make the battle. Ah, but the one...one is a Warrior, and he will bring all the others back.

-Heraclitis

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ap1220 View Post
    I don’t know the number of refusals, but the number of religious exemptions was about 2k SM*.

When you say refusal, you mean strictly the number that refused the jab? Correct? Also, you're saying the 2K is the number applied? As that is a number that jives with my recollection of a number thrown about in regards to the religious exemption. Just asking for clarity as I read your statement a couple different ways in my mind.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by murphy j View Post
    When you say refusal, you mean strictly the number that refused the jab? Correct? Also, you're saying the 2K is the number applied? As that is a number that jives with my recollection of a number thrown about in regards to the religious exemption. Just asking for clarity as I read your statement a couple different ways in my mind.
    Sorry, for the confusion. I mean refusals being those people go just said no to the vaccine and then were/are being chaptered out. I do not know that number.

Two thousand is the number of those who applied for religious and exemption regarding the vaccine, under this major command.
    Last edited by ap1220; 07-04-22 at 19:39. Reason: Clarification
    "Warriors"

Out of every 100 men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets. Nine are the real fighters and we are lucky to have them for they make the battle. Ah, but the one...one is a Warrior, and he will bring all the others back.

-Heraclitis

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12