Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trust sbrs

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Trust sbrs

Couple years back i set up a family gun trust out of political parinoia. This year i added all of my mags to it because of the safer kids act passing the house. So now im looking at the pending batf brace rules coming down the pipeline, and considering changing all my braced firearms to sbrs.

Doing reading on the topic has me thoroughly confused.

Do all the adults in the trust have to submit finger print cards? Or just me? Which forms do i need to fill out?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    You need a trust lawyer, qualified to practice law in your State, not some random dudes on the internet offering free advice.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    You should definitely get advise from a trust attorney, but the short answer to your question is that yes, all the co-trustees need to be fingerprinted and photographed. The slightly longer answer is that you can attach an amendment to the back of your trust making yourself the sole trustee, and then you are the only one that will be required to submits prints and pics. After approval, you can re-amend the trust by removing the amendment making yourself the sole trustee, effectively adding everyone back one. Perfectly legal according to the trust attorney I used to do mine.
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by georgeib View Post
    You should definitely get advise from a trust attorney, but the short answer to your question is that yes, all the co-trustees need to be fingerprinted and photographed. The slightly longer answer is that you can attach an amendment to the back of your trust making yourself the sole trustee, and then you are the only one that will be required to submits prints and pics. After approval, you can re-amend the trust by removing the amendment making yourself the sole trustee, effectively adding everyone back one. Perfectly legal according to the trust attorney I used to do mine.
    That very much depends on how the trust is written. I've put a lot of work into investigating my trust and the bottom line is it depends on how it is written and how it will be interpreted by the FEDS. Which is exactly why I answered the way I did........Nobody here can really know without reading the trust and have a deep understanding of the laws and experience with how things will be interpreted.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Trustees are the only one that can soley access the firearms though right? Everyone else has to be accompanied by?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by calicojack View Post
    Trustees are the only one that can soley access the firearms though right? Everyone else has to be accompanied by?
    Correct.
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HKGuns View Post
    That very much depends on how the trust is written. I've put a lot of work into investigating my trust and the bottom line is it depends on how it is written and how it will be interpreted by the FEDS. Which is exactly why I answered the way I did........Nobody here can really know without reading the trust and have a deep understanding of the laws and experience with how things will be interpreted.
    Good point.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by georgeib View Post
    +1 I have a trust attorney and I turn to his office at lest once a year as the laws are at best unclear to me as a non-lawyer.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Do trust sbrs have to be engraved?

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by calicojack View Post
    Do trust sbrs have to be engraved?
    Are they Form 1s or Form 4s?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast