Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trust sbrs

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    My understanding to comply with the new rule it has to be form 1?

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by calicojack View Post
    My understanding to comply with the new rule it has to be form 1?
    Oh you’re talking about the braced pistols you already have? Those would be Form 1s and you would need to have them engraved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Do all the adults in the trust have to submit finger print cards? Or just me? Which forms do i need to fill out?
    All "Responsible Persons" are required to submit fingerprint cards and a 5320.23 Responsible Person Questionaire.

In general, responsible persons are the Settlor/Grantor and all active co-trustees. Beneficiaries and successor trustees, if any, are not responsible persons. In general...

But this all depends to some degree on how your trust is created, so take this advice:

Quote Originally Posted by HKGuns View Post
    You need a trust lawyer, qualified to practice law in your State, not some random dudes on the internet offering free advice.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Do trust sbrs have to be engraved?
    There's some arguments that they should be. I think it's an evolution from F1 for a suppressor where there's not an original manufacturer. Thus, you would definitely want manufacturer markings. SBRing an existing serialized lower? No one cares about markings other than the REAL serial number.

I've seen forms come back where whichever goober at ATF that stamped it required engraving. My forms are all blank on the "additional markings" line.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    There's some arguments that they should be. I think it's an evolution from F1 for a suppressor where there's not an original manufacturer. Thus, you would definitely want manufacturer markings. SBRing an existing serialized lower? No one cares about markings other than the REAL serial number.

I've seen forms come back where whichever goober at ATF that stamped it required engraving. My forms are all blank on the "additional markings" line.
    Yeah, mine are all on a Form 1 trust. There is a shop 15 minutes from my house that does a great job with laser engraving, and it's not very expensive, either. I get the receiver engraved, and assemble after the stamp comes back. Easy peasy.

I do it more from a theft recovery perspective, honestly.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    If your existing trust complicates matters, you can put another trust in place for the items you intend to SBR.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12