Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Walther PDP opinions?

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)

Walther PDP opinions?

The last PDP thread is over a year old so I’m starting a new one.

From what I understand, the lack of lugs on the optics cut has been addressed.

I’m looking at the “compact” version with 15 rounds and 4” slide.

Is there any noticeable muzzle flip over other options like the FN 509?
    Last edited by Waylander; 07-04-22 at 13:00.

Feedback Score
    I love the PDP. Trigger upgrade is a nice upgrade, but not a trigger snob. Using the ACRO mailbox was said to create a problem. Never heard of any problems using standard red dot. There is a new optics cut but hard to figure out what ones have it. May need to call and get a SN range.
    When you buy the gun you need to send in a request for optic adapter (free) but it's a hassle that should not exist as 509, M^P Come with the adapters.
    I like the 509 and PDP, but the grip on the PDP makes me use it more, it is just more comfortable to me.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I've been shooting mine for awhile, at least +1000rds down range using the 509t and the CHPS plate. So far so good. I have the performance trigger, I just have to install it. I like flat triggers, nothing wrong with the stock one.

Last edited by mildot; 07-04-22 at 13:03.

Feedback Score
    Got mine about 6 months ago , but only have about 200 rounds through it ..... my PPQ`s have thousands through them. The gun fits me better than the Q`s and addresses the grip issue of not enough texture . The trigger is better than the PPQ`s , but will be changed to a flat trigger as I just prefer a flat trigger .
    Put a Holoson on it and no problems with the plate or sight ( no lugs ) . My issue is that I hit the mag release fairly regularly . Probably just my grip that needs some adaptation since I`m used to the paddle mag releases on the M1 series .
    Overall , I really like it over my PPQ`s .

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    63, do you like the slide design over the PPQ?

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)

Walther PDP opinions?

Quote Originally Posted by Backfire View Post
    I love the PDP. Trigger upgrade is a nice upgrade, but not a trigger snob. Using the ACRO mailbox was said to create a problem. Never heard of any problems using standard red dot. There is a new optics cut but hard to figure out what ones have it. May need to call and get a SN range.
    When you buy the gun you need to send in a request for optic adapter (free) but it's a hassle that should not exist as 509, M^P Come with the adapters.
    I like the 509 and PDP, but the grip on the PDP makes me use it more, it is just more comfortable to me.
    The trigger on the 509 is fine for me. It isn’t the greatest ever but it’s better than most others I’ve handled. Maybe I got lucky. I wasn’t crazy about the grip but I’ve added Talons and it’s better.

My biggest gripe is the ambi mag release hitting the knuckle of my firing hand. Non ambi mag releases are easy enough to find though.

The PDP optic plate is a huge hassle. I could order one so there’s that. I’m also going to want suppressor height sights. So the cost difference on the 509 MRD isn’t looking as bad and it would be ready to run.

Last edited by Waylander; 07-04-22 at 14:49.

Feedback Score
    I’ve had a PPQ M2 for a few years and a PDP compact for around a year and a half.

I’ve never shot a 509 so can’t compare the two. However, the ergonomics of the Walthers fit my hands better than Glock, S&W, Sig, etc. I wear a medium glove. You have to keep your dominant thumb high or you will hit the mag release.

It does have more muzzle flip than some others but about the same as an HK VP9 or Sig P320. The recoil/flip is also different because - at least in the PPQs - the slide cycles fast.

I don’t mind the mild finger groves on the PPQ but glad they got rid of them on the PDP. I also appreciate the new grip texture.

I do like the fantastic trigger (for a factory striker gun) and the ergos. Those are the reasons I switched over.

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    I've been a Walther guy since the PPQ M1 was released. I've pretty much switched over to all PDPs at this point. Walther did a good job addressing perceived issues with the optics plates and having much better after market support from the get go. I don't shoot other pistols often, so I can't compare the muzzle flip to anything. I don't find it excessive and can track my dot without issue. The ergos are great, the trigger is phenomenal (their upgraded trigger is even better), and the new texturing is a huge upgrade over the PPQ.

If you decide to go with the compact, wait a bit for the compact Pro version to release. It'll include the upgraded trigger, a flared mag well, three mags with appropriate base plates for the mag well, and a threaded barrel for an additional $125-$200 depending on where you purchase it. The trigger alone is $180 bought separately, and I believe the barrel is $250. The Pro versions are an incredible value.
    Last edited by HCrum87hc; 07-06-22 at 07:53.

Feedback Score
    JediGuy , yes , I like the new slide design over the PPQ ..... the deeper serrations don`t slip when my hands are sweaty like they do on my Q`s . Once I cure my grip problem where I keep hitting the mag release with my support hand , the PDP will be a good edc for me .
    Sorry about the late reply .... I have very limited internet and cell where I am now .

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 63Qcode View Post
    JediGuy , yes , I like the new slide design over the PPQ ..... the deeper serrations don`t slip when my hands are sweaty like they do on my Q`s .
    I agree 100%. While the PDP slide is thicker and more square, it's much more practical and easier to use, especially with a RDS mounted.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast