Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Walther PDP opinions?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Backfire View Post
    I love the PDP. Trigger upgrade is a nice upgrade, but not a trigger snob. Using the ACRO mailbox was said to create a problem. Never heard of any problems using standard red dot. There is a new optics cut but hard to figure out what ones have it. May need to call and get a SN range.
    When you buy the gun you need to send in a request for optic adapter (free) but it's a hassle that should not exist as 509, M^P Come with the adapters.
    I like the 509 and PDP, but the grip on the PDP makes me use it more, it is just more comfortable to me.
    Got this in an email from C&H Precision. I have a version 1 from them with a 509T. Maybe 600 rounds, no problems.

https://t03.mailsrv-e.com/click?v=2&...link_id=16124&

posted the link to email, not the image. showed the difference between the plate cuts on version 1 and version 2 of the PDP. i'll fix it when i get home
    Last edited by hi-wayman; 07-06-22 at 11:41. Reason: sorry, pasted a link, not the image

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    I know Bill Blowers really likes his steel frame versions. I'm pretty sure the first PDP I saw/handled was at one of his 2 day pistol classes. I'm pretty much married to my Glocks but if I was going to buy another striker fired pistol it would a Walther PDP in some form. Probably the nicest factory striker fired trigger I've ever come across.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by hi-wayman View Post
    Got this in an email from C&H Precision. I have a version 1 from them with a 509T. Maybe 600 rounds, no problems.

https://t03.mailsrv-e.com/click?v=2&...link_id=16124&

posted the link to email, not the image. showed the difference between the plate cuts on version 1 and version 2 of the PDP. i'll fix it when i get home
    Linkie no workie
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Maybe I’m just turning into a grumpy old man, but I like my PPQ’s slide appearance...and I kinda hate the idea of buying new holsters, even if the PDP slide is objectively better. Hmm.
    “God doesn’t need your good works, but your neighbor does.” - Luther

Quote Originally Posted by 1168
    7.5” is the Ed Hardy of barrel lengths.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)

Walther PDP opinions?

Quote Originally Posted by JediGuy View Post
    Maybe I’m just turning into a grumpy old man, but I like my PPQ’s slide appearance...and I kinda hate the idea of buying new holsters, even if the PDP slide is objectively better. Hmm.
    That’s kinda where I am now in the event I want to carry it and not print. It would be nice if they offered the option with a thinner slide and no doubt the aftermarket will pick up. It’s not a good thing that I’ve seen a couple of guys have holsters that have fit a lot of big guns and the slide on the PDP got stuck.
    Last edited by Waylander; 07-06-22 at 21:56.
    Do you even get down innagrass, bro?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    PDP v2's slide cut resembles that of a MOS Glock, except it's deeper. The footprint is nearly identical, PDP plate is slightly thicker with a deeper channel.

V2's cut is an improvement over v1 that has no channel to prevent lateral shift, or lugs to prevent the plate from rotating, a v1 plate needs to be fairly tight to limit the amount of rotation in the cut until the screws are installed. But screws aren't very good at this.

I do wish Walther simply adopted the MOS footprint, they're very similar already, why not use it and all the plates already developed for the MOS, we have RMR, RMRcc, DPP/EFLX, and ACRO/MPS plates for MOS. That said, Walther has been extraordinarily helpful in helping us with what we needed to get the v2 plates going, we have never received so much support from the gun manufacturer as we did from Walther.
    Roger Wang
    Forward Controls Design
    Simplicity is the sign of truth

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by HCrum87hc View Post
    If you decide to go with the compact, wait a bit for the compact Pro version to release. It'll include the upgraded trigger, a flared mag well, three mags with appropriate base plates for the mag well, and a threaded barrel for an additional $125-$200 depending on where you purchase it. The trigger alone is $180 bought separately, and I believe the barrel is $250. The Pro versions are an incredible value.
    A Pro version? I thought Walther cared. Turns out all they want is my money.

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JB2000 View Post
    A Pro version? I thought Walther cared. Turns out all they want is my money.
    Link to the product page:
    https://waltherarms.com/walther-pdp-pro-sd-compact-4/

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Backfire View Post
    I love the PDP. Trigger upgrade is a nice upgrade, but not a trigger snob. Using the ACRO mailbox was said to create a problem. Never heard of any problems using standard red dot. There is a new optics cut but hard to figure out what ones have it. May need to call and get a SN range.
    When you buy the gun you need to send in a request for optic adapter (free) but it's a hassle that should not exist as 509, M^P Come with the adapters.
    I like the 509 and PDP, but the grip on the PDP makes me use it more, it is just more comfortable to me.
    I'm dropping the Dynamic trigger in my PDP tomorrow, how did you find the install? Cheers

Certified Colt, Glock, REM, Tikka, SIG & S&W Armourer
    "Infil, Hit Target, Mission Complete, Exfil, Easy Day"

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mildot View Post
    I'm dropping the Dynamic trigger in my PDP tomorrow, how did you find the install? Cheers
    The install is easy. The uninstall of the old one was a bear. I couldn’t hammer the slide stop pin out. I had to use an 8lb dumbbell and use it with a controlled drop on a punch to get the dang thing out. Other than that, it’s a breeze.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast