Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Adjustable gas blocks on SBR's

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MJN1957 View Post
    I've seen too many issues with their ENHANCED bolt...none at all with their standard bolt.

I should have been clearer in my recommendation. Apologies.

MJN1957
    We've been running a handful for a while with no issues. I'm still a standard BCG guy myself, but I've not seen any big differences one way or the other with the complete enhanced BCG.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    That’s odd, I have run a bunch and several pretty hard, but zero issues.

What happened to the EBCG’s that failed.

PB
    Last edited by Pappabear; 07-05-22 at 20:08.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MJN1957 View Post
    I've seen too many issues with their ENHANCED bolt...none at all with their standard bolt.

I should have been clearer in my recommendation. Apologies.

MJN1957

Could you expound a bit on what is inferred to as numerous issues with the LMT enhanced bolt?

Feedback Score
    Adjustable gas blocks are a gimmick for me and my experience on the 556 cartridge.

With an OSS can and Radian Raptor SD CH there is absolutely no need to use an adjustable gas block. I run 2 SBRs. 10.3 and 10.5 and there is next to ZERO blowback.

I won’t try and fix something that’s not broken. There’s no need.
    Ar15.com is for teens & liberals
    Calguns.net is for old men & liberals
    👍😂

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Redsoxnation View Post
    Adjustable gas blocks are a gimmick for me and my experience on the 556 cartridge.

With an OSS can and Radian Raptor SD CH there is absolutely no need to use an adjustable gas block. I run 2 SBRs. 10.3 and 10.5 and there is next to ZERO blowback.

The results from the two gas blocks I just installed are far from "gimmick". They absolutely made huge improvements on both guns.

Although the guns weren't "broken". They were miserable to shoot... gassy and way to much bolt speed. I'd way rather correct the gas than use some goofy charging handle to mask the problem.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Redsoxnation View Post

Says a man with an OSS can. Put some 15 year old can you would understand the need for other gas suppression. Either a BRT tube or a AGB. AND either one is a game changer for some such guns.
    Your post is naive at a minimum.

PB

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    This is also true for pretty much any modern conventional baffle suppressor that does not have coaxial flow bypass features.
    Black River Tactical
    BRT OPTIMUM Hammer Forged Chrome Lined Barrels - 11.5", 12.5", 14.5", 16"
    BRT EZTUNE Preset Gas Tubes - PISTOL, CAR, MID, RIFLE
    BRT Bolt Carrier Groups M4A1, M16 CHROME
    BRT Covert Comps 5.56, 6X, 7.62

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    The [s]easy[/s] cheapest solution is a Superlative Arms piston conversion https://suparms.com/. The easiest conversion is a new PWS upper. The SA piston is the softest shooting and least gassy of all of my uppers. I like it a lot but I’m not 100% sure for SHTF reliability. That’s why I have two PWS MK111 Mod 1 uppers https://www.primaryweapons.com/mk111...pper-223-wylde.

I’m definitely done with gas to the face/nose/eyes, and these are two of the best solutions I’ve found.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sandsunsurf View Post
    The [s]easy[/s] cheapest solution is a Superlative Arms piston conversion https://suparms.com/. The easiest conversion is a new PWS upper. The SA piston is the softest shooting and least gassy of all of my uppers. I like it a lot but I’m not 100% sure for SHTF reliability. That’s why I have two PWS MK111 Mod 1 uppers https://www.primaryweapons.com/mk111...pper-223-wylde.

I’m definitely done with gas to the face/nose/eyes, and these are two of the best solutions I’ve found.
    My old PWS MK110 Mod 1 was the most overgassed gun I had, locking back on empty with a 10 oz buffer even with the AGB at the most restricted setting when used with a SureFire SOCOM556-RC, with noticeable gas-to-face.
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

老僧三十年前未參禪時、見山是山、見水是水、及至後夾親見知識、有箇入處、見山不是山、見水不是水、而今得箇體歇處、依然見山秪是山、見水秪是水。

https://www.instagram.com/defaultmp3/

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Defaultmp3 View Post
    My old PWS MK110 Mod 1 was the most overgassed gun I had, locking back on empty with a 10 oz buffer even with the AGB at the most restricted setting when used with a SureFire SOCOM556-RC, with noticeable gas-to-face.
    It that even with the gas plug adjusted to the smallest orifice?
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast