Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Mass shooting for the 4th of July in Highland Park near Chicago, 5 dead 19 wounded.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    From yesterday: Over 60 shot, 15 fatally, in violent July Fourth weekend in Chicago

I wonder which will produce more outrage.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Disciple View Post
    From yesterday: Over 60 shot, 15 fatally, in violent July Fourth weekend in Chicago

I wonder which will produce more outrage.
    Gee, I wonder.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel556 View Post
    As previously mentioned, Highland Park has some of the strictest firearms laws in IL, including mag bans and semi-auto rifles. It’s also a wealthy and heavy Dem population and this will not bode well for IL residents. I think it absolutely sucks, but it was a soft target like most, and provided a rich environment. It wouldn’t have been on the radar if they dumbass used a car or truck.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Highland_Park,_Illinois

Very wealthy and a large Jewish population also. No idea if that was a factor in the shooter's choice of target.

I'm sure this will provoke HUGE political outcry within Illinois. But after the recent SCOTUS decision, any new laws are likely to be held unconstitutional, after enough time in litigation.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Wait, which political party had a bunch of members saying we should disrupt 4th of July?

Andy

Feedback Score
    Sounds like the killer was able to leave the area.

Local news is saying that they are having mandatory evacuations? I can see if they have information that the suspect is in a particular house, but when it comes to an area of houses, what kind of legal standing do they have to take you out of your house? Thinking back the Boston Bomber situation, were there any cases filed for that?

I live in a brick house, literally the wolf can blow as hard as wants- a killer on the loose is not getting past my passive protections with out the ‘active’ protections coming to bear. I am FAR safer in my house than being taken out and…. Put where? Unless you are walking my ass to my own monogrammed APC, F-OFF.

ABC7 had a trauma surgeon who was on scene that said that those killed on site had ‘exploded’….
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    “Kyle Rittenhouse” trending on twitter…. Where is he, if we hadn’t let him kill those protestors this wouldn’t have happened.. the usual…
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)

Mass shooting for the 4th of July in Highland Park near Chicago, 5 dead 19 wounded.

In addition to the previously mentioned AWB / magazine ban in HP, Illinois also has:

- “Universal” background checks

- A permit from IL state police requirement to possess a firearm/ammunition

- Red Flag laws

- A law that prohibits those with a CCW permit from carrying at special events like parades

It’s a tragic example of how laws restricting firearms don’t do sh!t to stop mass murdering POS.

Feedback Score
    Suspect named. Won't say his name.

Driving silver Honda Fit.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The news showed a picture of him then quickly took it down.
    C co 1/30th Infantry Regiment
    3rd Brigade 3rd Infantry Division
    2002-2006
    OIF 1 and 3

IraqGunz:
    No dude is going to get shot in the chest at 300 yards and look down and say "What is that, a 3 MOA group?"

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by C-grunt View Post
    The news showed a picture of him then quickly took it down.

Skinny little incel looking dude. Lots of tattoos including face. Don't know how to parse out if they have any meaning.

NOT ON ROOF TOP according to an eye witness.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    Skinny little incel looking dude. Lots of tattoos including face. Don't know how to parse out if they have any meaning.

NOT ON ROOF TOP according to an eye witness.
    Anyone old enough to remember that song from decades ago by Fred Blassie called "Pencil Neck Geek"? I hope they snap his lollipop neck when they get to him (assuming he is the perp of course). Pic looks like it was a mugshot so maybe a bit of a history with LE?
    Last edited by ABNAK; 07-04-22 at 17:40.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast