Thread: Resprayed my AR pistol. It is fun to see how this gun changes through the years.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)

Resprayed my AR pistol. It is fun to see how this gun changes through the years.

Here is what she looks like today after I resprayed her for reasons. I started shooting it again after I got my tippman .22 and stopped using it as a .22 host. A few months back I got a very usedcompm4s with Larue mount for 4 and change from Clydes. I just used bolt cutters to cut that stupid sling ring off the magpul backplate. That backplate is a vestigial remnant of the KAK brace

[IMG]IMG_3871-preview by stoiclawyer, on Flickr[/IMG]

Here it is a year or so ago when I was chiefly using it as a .22 host. I swapped on a Vortex fake point and at some point put some sort of gas buster on it. I also swapped to a Geisilie mag release because the el-cheapo one that came with my parts kit was sticking.

[IMG]IMG_4690 by stoiclawyer, on Flickr[/IMG]

About two years ago with my CompM5 (which migrated to my B&T). Notice I don't have the Centuruion rail yet and I am using a handy scout mount for the flashlight. Those mounts are awesome.

[IMG]IMG_3530 by stoiclawyer, on Flickr[/IMG]

I have an A1 upper which is my ultimate doomsday setup.

[IMG]C626D53A-B0B5-4360-A1F4-3077B97D28A1 by stoiclawyer, on Flickr[/IMG]

I have no recollection of this setup! 2019. At some point I had a 6x magnifier. I bought a magpul pro rear sight at some point. Killer sight.

[IMG]Untitled by stoiclawyer, on Flickr[/IMG]

Early setup with shockwave and HK vickers sling and Cool fixed rear sight. A1 grip.

The earliest picture I can find from 2016. The gun was put together from a "used" Colt Commando upper and a bare Noveske receiver. I put the SF flash on there to run my 762 Socom can (later I finally got a 556).

I lied. Here is an earlier one from 2015 when I started putting everything together.

[IMG]IMG_9294 by stoiclawyer, on Flickr[/IMG]
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    It's great watching them grow up = )

My first couple builds went through many changes. Now I need to dig and figure out which gun my first stripped lower from years ago is attached to.
    Last edited by OutofBatt3ry; 07-04-22 at 14:12.

Feedback Score
    Looks nice! That’s quite the transition over the years. What brand of paint are you using and how are you applying it?

Thanks.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Just camo Krylon. I usually toss on a light coat and then toss on an old basketball net and spray it green. Then maybe walk past it with some black.

Quote Originally Posted by JB2000 View Post
    Looks nice! That’s quite the transition over the years. What brand of paint are you using and how are you applying it?

Thanks.
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus