Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I'm so mad I could eat $h!+

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tomme boy View Post
    Did you notice the pipe that they heated up and bent that is completely flattened? There is your restriction.
    That’s a factory made p-trap

Feedback Score
    When we had our wood floors redone we had a few small issues with the company. But in the last room, they ran short of stain- like for about ten square feet- and used a different color to finish…. I called the owner and had him come over, didn’t tell him the exact problem. He was a little hot, I just looked at him, told him to go look in that room. He went in, came out. I raised and eye-brow, he shrugged his shoulders and said it would be fixed. Workers sometimes not be working right.

Sorry for your trouble.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CRAMBONE View Post
    That’s a factory made p-trap

…..? At the monkey factory? Cursive P-trap?
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    …..? At the monkey factory? Cursive P-trap?
    I’ll take a picture of one if I go to the hardware store this weekend.

Regardless if the system was set up and running correctly the catch pan not being connected wouldn’t be an issue.
    Last edited by CRAMBONE; 07-08-22 at 00:49.

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    I'm at work and can't see the pictures due to our firewall, so I apologize if I miss anything that's evident in them. My dad owns a small hvac company, and I have minimal knowledge of them.

The main condensate drain coming off the air handler sounds like it was not plumbed correctly or was stopped up somehow. Even so, there are typically safe guards in place. The drain pan should have its own drain, which sounds like it wasn't working or wasn't installed at all. There should also have been a float switch in the drain pan that should cut the air handler off once the water in the drain pan reaches a certain level to prevent exactly this from happening.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    That is the worst one I have seen. When we made them for a factory I worked at, we filled the pvc with sand and used a heat gun to bend them. They don't get flattened out like that. Every pipe I have seen like this was done by a new guy. It is the same thing we did when we ran PVC conduit when running electrical to certain machinery locations that were in corrosive environments. Steel could not be used.

Feedback Score
    That is the worst one I have seen. When we made them for a factory I worked at, we filled the pvc with sand and used a heat gun to bend them. They don't get flattened out like that. Every pipe I have seen like this was done by a new guy. It is the same thing we did when we ran PVC conduit when running electrical to certain machinery locations that were in corrosive environments. Steel could not be used.
    Good post sir...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by HCrum87hc View Post
    I'm at work and can't see the pictures due to our firewall, so I apologize if I miss anything that's evident in them. My dad owns a small hvac company, and I have minimal knowledge of them.

The main condensate drain coming off the air handler sounds like it was not plumbed correctly or was stopped up somehow. Even so, there are typically safe guards in place. The drain pan should have its own drain, which sounds like it wasn't working or wasn't installed at all. There should also have been a float switch in the drain pan that should cut the air handler off once the water in the drain pan reaches a certain level to prevent exactly this from happening.
    I concur with both of these posts. That p-trap looks overly bent and flattened in the pic. Though the pan drain certainly should have been connected it is only the backup.

Frankly, being as it was installed over finished living space I would have likely opted for a condensate pump as part of the install.
    Go Ukraine! Piss on the Russian dead.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12